cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Reg : JDBC configuration

jaganprasanth
6-Contributor

Reg : JDBC configuration

I'm trying to set up a connection to a MySQL database that I have. I've installed the JDBC Connector extension from the marketplace and that gave me the JdbcCreator and the JDBCExtentionCreator.

Following a PTC document it says to create a new thing and select MySqlServer as the thing template. However, I am unable to see a MySqlServer template.

Any ideas? Have I missed something?

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Please confirm you followed the steps:

• 1. Open the JdbcCreator mashup, click the “Choose File” button and select the JDBC driver file you want to use from your local file system  ----> you need JDBC for mySQLhttps://www.mysql.com/products/connector/
  • 2. Click the “Upload” button and a link will be displayed below the buttons, “Download Extension File”
  • 3. Click this link and save the zip file. This is your extension. You can now import this into the Thingworx platform
  • The imported extension will create a Thing Template with the name of the file plus “JDBCTemplate”. For example a file named “myDbFile.jar” would create a Template named “myDbFileJDBCTemplate”
  • Use this template to create a new thing and connect to your data source using JDBC

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Thank you for your response.

JDBC file is not able to choose and upload.

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot?

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Hi,

I herewith attached the screen shots for your reference.

Hi,

Thanks for screenshots. On my side the upload of mysql connector worked well (zip file) and I was able to download the extension for mysql JDBC.

After downloading the extension, I have open Composer and imported it with success.

I will attach it here, maybe it will help you.

Regards,

Raluca Edu

Hi,

Thank you for sharing that file , but that too is not working for me.

I also checked with my colleague Thingworx, for him also it's not working.

Hi,

Probably you need to generate it from your environment. 

I have used the connector from the attachment.

Try to generate extension with that connector.

Regards,

Raluca Edu

Hi @jaganprasanth.

If Raluca's suggestions allowed you to solve your issue, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community. 

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags