cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Remote Property timestamp on EMS / LUA don't update on value stream

M4RC
14-Alexandrite

Remote Property timestamp on EMS / LUA don't update on value stream

Hello folks,

I have an EMS running on a docker container with ubuntu. With the help of the Lua script two parameters are read (CPU frequency and temperature) and then shared as remote properties with Thingworx.

Then i added a value stream to display the historical data (queryPropertyHistory).My problem is that no history exists. I am also not sure if the values are really updated. The timestamp is always the same (timestamp= start-time Lua service). When I press "save" on the remote thing, the remote properties are reset and after a short wait, new values appear. However, the timestamp remains the same.

I found a post in the forum where another user had a similar problem. (Raspberry-Pi-EMS-Value-Stream/td-p/603659)  After editing my utils.lua as described in the post, I get at least a new timestamp/line after "saving the Thing" on the queryPropertyHistory.

I need a correct ValueStream with all historical data.

Attached is my template.lua-file, the lua.log and a screenshot of queryPropertyHistory.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M4RC
14-Alexandrite
(To:M4RC)

Hello folks,

my values are updated periodically and are also displayed on queryPropertyHistory-Service.

I have changed the settings of the remote properties in Thingworx. At Push Type from "Pushed based on value change" to "Always pushed".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
M4RC
14-Alexandrite

Hello,

the problem still exists. I have now set the log to "info" and added an additional log command for the variables (eg. log.info("cpu_temp: ", s) ) in Template.lua.

Attached is the new log. The variables seem to be assigned as desired.

The queryPropertyHistory service still contains no new entries. However, I could see that even after a restart of the lua-service a new timestamp with the associated values is added.

Best regards

Marc

M4RC
14-Alexandrite

Hello folks,

my values are updated periodically and are also displayed on queryPropertyHistory-Service.

I have changed the settings of the remote properties in Thingworx. At Push Type from "Pushed based on value change" to "Always pushed".

Top Tags