cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

State-based Formatting for Selected Marker in Google Map Widget

PB_9026895
5-Regular Member

State-based Formatting for Selected Marker in Google Map Widget

Hi all, 

I have two types of markers in Google Map Widget that represent two different values of a property (State-based formatting).

The problem is for the selected marker, I have no idea how to set two different types of this.

Any help?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
yhan
17-Peridot
(To:PB_9026895)

Hi @PB_9026895,

Thanks for reaching out to PTC.

Take an example, suppose you already have created a state(named speedingState) with two different states, one is “Not Speeding", the other is "Speeding". And also you have associated different styling with "Not Speeding" and "Speeding" states in the definition of the state. Then you can follow below steps:

1. Select the google map, navigate to the properties pane and click on State formatting for the MakerFormatting property
  2. In the Configure State Formatting popup, select State-based Formatting, set the Dependent Field to the specific property(in this example, its Speed), select SpeedingState as the State Definition. 
  3. You can also search and choose another different StyleDefinitions in the popup.
  4. Now the map widget should display a different Marker when the setting speed value reaches.

Best Regards,

/Yoyo

PB_9026895
5-Regular Member
(To:yhan)

Hi yhan,

thank you for your reply.

The solution is clear, but I have some problems with the selected marker. 

I want to set different types of selected markers. Is this possible to do in state-based formatting?

Thank you

yhan
17-Peridot
(To:PB_9026895)

Hi @PB_9026895,

I'm wondering if you would like to fulfill the below scenario?

4-12-2021 5-33-07 PM.jpg

If not, could you take an example to explain it?

Thanks,

/Yoyo

Top Tags