cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Sub menu Text

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Sub menu Text

Hi,

is there any way to have the top level menu (horizontal) as Icons only but the sub menu (vertical) as icons & text (or just text).

Thanks,

K

4 REPLIES 4
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:khayes1)
khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:posipova)

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I can create a top level menu without text by leaving the 'Title' parameter blank. The problem with that is that you then don't get any tooltip text when you hover over the menu item & so the user has to guess what the icon means, or try it blind. I can also configure the menu to show only icons, but then this setting is applied to all the sub menus also.

I  was hoping there might be a way that the top level menu had just Icons (with a tooltip when you hover) and the sub menu items could have text (or text & icons). 

I did try setting the style definition to have no foreground colour, hoping that although the title was present it wouldn't show, but it shows regardless.

K

posipova
20-Turquoise

Would applying custom CSS to the menu element be feasible /be a possible solution?
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @khayes1.

If the responses from @posipova allowed you to find a solution, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags