cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

TW + ESP8266

Telles
12-Amethyst

TW + ESP8266

Hi, Team!
  I´m started this trainning: https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/connect-adafruit-feather
  but I can´t find, in STEP3: Run Arduino Demo, the Thing ESP8266Board like the printscreen.

Excsists another way or url to keep going with this trainning?

RT_10003402_0-1630600445783.png

Regards.
Telles.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Were you able to get your ESP8266 working?

Things to check:

• The ESP8266 is connected to a network that can access your ThingWorx Foundation Server.
  • ThingWorx Foundation server is running.
  • The AppKey you are using in your ESP8266 code is from the ThingWorx Foundation server you are connecting to,

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
VladimirRosu
19-Tanzanite
(To:Telles)

Hi,

The Thing mentioned there is created by the Arduino Sketch. If you look in the sketch code, there is a comment that explains that it creates the thing.

Did you manage to run the sketch correctly? Did you receive 200 in the Serial Monitor?

Hi, Vladimir.
 My first doubt is: how many PROPERTIES  are created in thise THING?

Regards.

Telles.

VladimirRosu
19-Tanzanite

I'm not sure how this relates to your original question, but if you look in the loop method, you will see that one of the last steps is to add a single property, named SomeNumber.

Should I understand you manage to see the Thing now and you solved the original issue?

My original question : where is the Thing ESP8266Board?
How I new in this tool, I don´t know if many properties can be created in this Thing, that simply don´t appear to me.

RT_10003402_0-1630610018370.png

TKS.

Telles.

If I try to upload the code, without a target, the SERIALMONITOR receive this mensage:
RT_10003402_0-1630610837312.png

The Arduino code is not able to connect with the ThingWorx Server. Check to be sure the server https://pp-2108301314dq.portal.ptc.io/Thingworx is running. The free trial servers shut down after 3 hours of no activity in any Developer Portal guides. You can check the status of your server and restart it here:

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/profile/trials

After making a WiFi connection, the Arduino code tries to get the current Property value of SomeNumber. If the Arduino receives a 404 (Not Found) response, it will send a request to create a Thing and the SomeNumber property. 

I´m not use Arduino, I´m using ESP8266

Were you able to get your ESP8266 working?

Things to check:

• The ESP8266 is connected to a network that can access your ThingWorx Foundation Server.
  • ThingWorx Foundation server is running.
  • The AppKey you are using in your ESP8266 code is from the ThingWorx Foundation server you are connecting to,

Hi Rick.
I just check them all.
Aparently some configs don´t count´s in PTC Guide. 
I will print then all and post here.

Regards.
Telles.

Telles
12-Amethyst

I keep going with studeis using the nem VM lanched last mouth

Top Tags