cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

ThingWorx Flow doesn't start after reinstallation of ThingWorx Foundation

saguiarde
10-Marble

ThingWorx Flow doesn't start after reinstallation of ThingWorx Foundation

Hello all,

I had to reinstall ThingWorx foundation after I installed ThingWorx Flow. I used the same configuration that I used in the first installation and only changed the host name. I updated this new host name in the ThingWorx Flow configuration following the guidelines described in this post and in the official documentation . 

However, when I try to access to ThingWorx I received the error described in the Tomcat log (attached), and RabbitMQ outputs this error in its log file: 

TWFlowError1.png

When I run the command "pm2 ls" I can see that all the apps are up and running (see the image below). 

TWFlowError2.png

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

I attached the platform-settings.json as .txt file.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I solved this issue. It was a problem with RabbitMQ. Somehow it was not able to create the vhost and the users when the installation of TW Flow was performed. As this was an re installation I am assuming that some configuration might have not been deleted; even though, I was very careful while removing everything from the server. I had to create the user and the vhost through the RabbitMQ console. 

I hope this could be useful for anyone. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

When you re-install Thingworx, you deleted the databases? Did you delete the flow database?

What other errors you have in Application.log?

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Hello,

I didn't delete the databases. I installed with separate databases. One for Thingworx Flow and one for ThingWorx foundation. 

I have attached the Application.log.

Thank you

Santiago

From your platform settings file, both your flowuser and DB passwords are encrypted. I believe, keystore file was recreated as part of re-installation. So, you are unable to access either from ThingWorx now.

2020-04-29 09:54:52.312+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.SecurityManagerBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: ] [S: ] [P: PLATFORM_ID_IS_UNDEFINED] [T: main] initializing KeyStore provider
2020-04-29 09:54:52.937+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: PLATFORM_ID_IS_UNDEFINED] [T: main] java.lang.Exception: No Queue password specified.
2020-04-29 09:54:53.484+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.m.MetricsPersistenceProcessor] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: PLATFORM_ID_IS_UNDEFINED] [T: main] Unable to get the default persistence provider.

But isn't that Keystore created from ThingWorx Foundation only?

And isn't that Keystore get updated whenever you ran the install.bat file from TW Flow?

I solved this issue. It was a problem with RabbitMQ. Somehow it was not able to create the vhost and the users when the installation of TW Flow was performed. As this was an re installation I am assuming that some configuration might have not been deleted; even though, I was very careful while removing everything from the server. I had to create the user and the vhost through the RabbitMQ console. 

I hope this could be useful for anyone. 

Top Tags