cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx Analytics trial Installation fails

drieder
15-Moonstone

Thingworx Analytics trial Installation fails

Hello everyone,

i have read all the other threads regarding this topic and so i tried to follow the pre installation steps mentioned here.

So i downgraded my docker version to 17.03.0 ce and my previous occuring "post installation error" does not come up any more. Instead i have the following errror

Screenshot (19).png

Attached you can find the log file. But the line where the error occures says:

2018/04/23 11:15:19 Post http://172.20.208.1:8080/Thingworx/Things/TW_ML_Configuration/Services/setConfiguration?method=post&Accept=text&userid=Administrator&password=trUf6yuz2?_Gub: dial tcp 172.20.208.1:8080: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I have no idea how to set up this "target machine" to allow the connection.

Any help is appreciated very much.

Best Regards,

Dominik

Edit:

I have Sophos Antivirus running on my machine and i am not able to deactivate it since its my companies machine. Could this be the cause? I would need our admin to let me deactivate it if its the case

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:drieder)

Hi

The error you get is 

" C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe: Error response from daemon: oci runtime error: container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:359: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:54: mounting \\\"/C/Users/D76C5~1.RIE/TWX-AN~1/edge-config/analytics-server.properties\\\" to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/1b442ff0d9b69cd3a4306c7fa12e16545ab9a7c0d1ec27f5341c506a635103dc/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/1b442ff0d9b69cd3a4306c7fa12e16545ab9a7c0d1ec27f5341c506a635103dc/merged/maven/analytics-server.properties\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\""
: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type."

This is an error than can be caused by several things.

You will want to checkthe following:

- Docker daemon is allocated 6Gb (the default is 2Gb) - on Docker for Windows, select the docker icon in system tray > right mouse button > Settings > Advanced

- The C: drive is not shared, similar as above in Settings > Shared drive make sure C: is selected

- restart docker 

However, if you are installing Analytics Trial in order to execute https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/operationalize-analytics-model . I would recommend that you hold on for now.

I need to double check the status of the installer available in the Developper Zone. From what I have seen, it would seem we need a newer version to include the ThingPredictor. I need to confirm that and will post back.

Thank you

Christophe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Dominik

It would seem to forgot to attach the log file.

Is it possible that you attach all the log files created during the installation ?

Thank you

Christophe

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:cmorfin)

Ok here are the log files this time.

btw when i have rerun the installation i always get this error:

Screenshot (23).png

I am wondering if i am the only one with this problem. Its realy strange since docker actually should create the same environment for every user...

Edit: 

I get an error when trying to upload the log files, it says the files have an invalid extensions. How can i attach logfiles?

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

You have a Choose Files button at the bottom of the text area when publishing a post.

Did you try this ?

I am uploading a sample log file to double check too. The file should though be zipped. the .log extension is not accepted

Regards

Christophe

drieder
15-Moonstone

Alright thank you, here is the zip folder

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

The error you get is 

" C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe: Error response from daemon: oci runtime error: container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:359: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:54: mounting \\\"/C/Users/D76C5~1.RIE/TWX-AN~1/edge-config/analytics-server.properties\\\" to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/1b442ff0d9b69cd3a4306c7fa12e16545ab9a7c0d1ec27f5341c506a635103dc/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/1b442ff0d9b69cd3a4306c7fa12e16545ab9a7c0d1ec27f5341c506a635103dc/merged/maven/analytics-server.properties\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\""
: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type."

This is an error than can be caused by several things.

You will want to checkthe following:

- Docker daemon is allocated 6Gb (the default is 2Gb) - on Docker for Windows, select the docker icon in system tray > right mouse button > Settings > Advanced

- The C: drive is not shared, similar as above in Settings > Shared drive make sure C: is selected

- restart docker 

However, if you are installing Analytics Trial in order to execute https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/operationalize-analytics-model . I would recommend that you hold on for now.

I need to double check the status of the installer available in the Developper Zone. From what I have seen, it would seem we need a newer version to include the ThingPredictor. I need to confirm that and will post back.

Thank you

Christophe

drieder
15-Moonstone

Its exactly like you said, im trying to redo the situation in your link. 

Drive C is shared but memory allocated is 3.5 Gb. In the installation guide i believe this is not mentioned, maybe would be good to add that.

I just tried to increase the memory, but its not possible since my local machine has "only" 8GB Ram. 

Anyway, thank you very much for your effort and patience!

Announcements

Top Tags