cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Thingworx indoor 3d map

AliBenBelgacem
14-Alexandrite

Thingworx indoor 3d map

Hello,

I want to draw a map for a warehouse of our store. in the map i willl show some data (number people in real time, assets data...) .

I have already static image of the indoor map but i want to use a 3d map with dynamic behavior.

I attached an example file for what i want to have as a final result.

I am a newbie in thingworx and i don't know where to start to achieve this purpose.

Any help / suggestion are welcome

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is clearly widget work, which would require at least Javascript knowledge.

You need to create a new widget for ThingWorx and you will find documentation about how to do this at this link.

The best way to create a widget I believe is to make it work in a pure HTML page, for debugging purposes, then when functionally it is done you can add the necessary ThingWorx bits (properties, services, events)

I am not sure if this helps, but give https://www.3dvisualizr.io/downloads a thought. They are a PTC partner (one of the first) and developed this type of widget many years ago, The link to download the plugin is in the page I linked above. There is obviously some pricing involved, but it can be that the pricing outweighs your development cost - up to you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

This is clearly widget work, which would require at least Javascript knowledge.

You need to create a new widget for ThingWorx and you will find documentation about how to do this at this link.

The best way to create a widget I believe is to make it work in a pure HTML page, for debugging purposes, then when functionally it is done you can add the necessary ThingWorx bits (properties, services, events)

I am not sure if this helps, but give https://www.3dvisualizr.io/downloads a thought. They are a PTC partner (one of the first) and developed this type of widget many years ago, The link to download the plugin is in the page I linked above. There is obviously some pricing involved, but it can be that the pricing outweighs your development cost - up to you.

Top Tags