cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Trial Edition 8.4 Docker Container

mikefinch87
10-Marble

Trial Edition 8.4 Docker Container

This post indicates there was a Trial Edition Docker container at one time.  Is it still available?  Does anyone know where to download it from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings,

The ThingWorx Developer Portal *previously* supported a Docker "universal" installer during the 8.2 version... over a year ago. 

Since then, the TWX DevPortal has only supported *native*, stand-alone installers.

You may find installers for Foundation, Analytics, and Industrial Connectivity (all version 8.4) here: https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/downloads

Thank you,

Jason

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

Sorry, I don't know if the trial images are still available or not, but I can confirm that there are official Docker images for all recent ThingWorx versions on the Support portal (I guess you'll need a commercial subscription for that). Those images are well-thought-out, secure and configurable (there's even an example to spin up a complete ThingWorx HA cluster with the total of 10 containers via Docker Compose).

From the technical standpoint, creating a simple image (H2 and no SSL/TLS) is almost trivial: Use any Tomcat + Oracle JDK image (e.g. this or that) as a starting point, add some Thingworx.war, platform-settings.json and a trial license file, and voila. An external volume for /ThingworxStorage will prevent it from losing data on restarts. I guess that PTC almost certainly won't approve such setup and so you won't be able to use it in any prod-like setting, for which you'd rather rely on those (great) official images.

Regards,
Constantine

Greetings,

The ThingWorx Developer Portal *previously* supported a Docker "universal" installer during the 8.2 version... over a year ago. 

Since then, the TWX DevPortal has only supported *native*, stand-alone installers.

You may find installers for Foundation, Analytics, and Industrial Connectivity (all version 8.4) here: https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/downloads

Thank you,

Jason

Top Tags