cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unable to add Run Time Instance permissions to SetProperties and GetProperties

eengelbrecht
11-Garnet

Unable to add Run Time Instance permissions to SetProperties and GetProperties

Good day,

I am busy adding permissions to an IoT solution my team has created. I seem to be unable to add Run Time Instance permissions to set properties and get properties. When I search for the SetProperties or GetProperties service, the service doesn't appear in the drop-down. 

I am currently using ThingWorx version 8.3.2

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

I have figured it out, it seems I was confused. To give Run Time Instance permissions for the SetProperties() and GetProperties() services, you would need to give the user read and write permissions for the property in question.

Kind regards 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are you using the nextgen composer or classic? How are you trying to add those permissions? 

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:posipova)

Hi @eengelbrecht

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if your issue has been resolved.

If yes please post the resolution here for the benefit of other community users. If no we can further investigate your issue.

Regards-Mohit

Hi, 

I have figured it out, it seems I was confused. To give Run Time Instance permissions for the SetProperties() and GetProperties() services, you would need to give the user read and write permissions for the property in question.

Kind regards 

@eengelbrecht

Thank you so much for this, I Appreciate.

Regards-Mohit

Top Tags