cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Unable to create value stream

khong
2-Guest

Unable to create value stream

As seen in the screenshot below, there are no templates to choose from when I try to create a new value stream. What could be the reason for this? I'm using ThingWorx 8.3.4-b993 trial version.

Screenshot from 2019-03-21 22-48-06.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khong
2-Guest
(To:khong)

Update: The User account that I'm using was added to the Administrator User Group. After that, I was able to see the template and create value stream

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Try a full refresh of your browser CRTL+F5 and see if that resolves it, if not, then potentially that is a bug, I just tried on the released version of 8.4 though and the two templates show up fine.

hujingrui
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

Hi i faced a similiar issue.

This does not seem to work. Is there a permission that is supposed to be enabled to user to allow them to go into value stream?

My users can now see the valuestream object and create a value stream without a choice of templates. However when they try to access the value stream they created by clicking on it. It shows a loading screen forever.  

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:hujingrui)

They probably need Visibility/Read Design/Runtime Service Execute to the ValueStream

They also will need Visibility to the Default Persistence Provider or Persistence Provider assigned to the ValueStream

hujingrui
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

How do you do both of that? I tried but it seems like its not working for my users.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:hujingrui)

Either open the entity and go to the permissions section, or go to the Lock icon.

khong
2-Guest

Update: The User account that I'm using was added to the Administrator User Group. After that, I was able to see the template and create value stream

Top Tags