cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unable to install ThingWorx 7.2.1 platform after deploying war file getting error HTTP Status 401.

vinay55
4-Participant

Unable to install ThingWorx 7.2.1 platform after deploying war file getting error HTTP Status 401.

Unable to install ThingWorx 7.2.1 platform after deploying war file getting error HTTP Status 401.Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vinay55
4-Participant
(To:vinay55)

Hi 

I got the issue, problem was with ThingworxPlatform folder.

Apache was not able to find the ThingworxPlatform folder and hence the required json.

I moved folder to C:\ThingworxPlatform and made changes in environment variable accordingly then it started working.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi @vinay55 which persistence provider package are you using? What sort of error are you seeing in the applicationlog.log if it has been created in the ThingworxStorage\logs folder. Else might want to check the catalina.out log from Apache Tomcat.

vinay55
4-Participant
(To:supandey)

Hi @supandey

We are using 'PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage'.

We are seeing 'Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!' error in application.log file.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Is this a fresh installation or an upgrade? I would verify the connectivity between the machines if PostgreSQL and ThingWorx are running on separate machines. If this is happening after upgrade I would also check if the owner of the Postgresql schema is still correct or not. Since i have seen this error happening very often when user doesn't have appropriate access rights.

Can you also share the OS on which both postgresql and ThingWorx is running? May also the log from ThingworxStorage folder?

vinay55
4-Participant
(To:supandey)

Hi,

It's a fresh installation.

PostgreSQL and ThingWorx are running on same machine.

OS is Windows 10

vinay55
4-Participant

Hi 

I got the issue, problem was with ThingworxPlatform folder.

Apache was not able to find the ThingworxPlatform folder and hence the required json.

I moved folder to C:\ThingworxPlatform and made changes in environment variable accordingly then it started working.

Top Tags