cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Upgrading From TWX 9.4.0 to 9.4.1

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

Upgrading From TWX 9.4.0 to 9.4.1

Is it possible to do a rolling upgrade going from Thingworx 9.4.0 to 9.4.1?  Specifically I'm looking at upgrading a HA cluster.  The matrix on Upgrading ThingWorx High Availability Clustering (ptc.com) does not reference 9.4.x and I was unable to find any other pointers in the Help Center.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

After another quick check, the Grid widget appears to be showing up in Edge.  It just took an extended amount of time or something just didn't drop out of my cache until now.

I have not looked into 9.4.2 yet.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jimwang
14-Alexandrite
(To:Ascherer17)

I suggest to open a support case to check it via https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Ascherer17.

Since the matrix has not been updated, you can test it as stated in the Help Center, or as Jim stated, open a case, so that it can be addressed with R&D.

If you prefer a case, I will be happy to open one on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

We are planning to attempt a rolling upgrade on our development platform to see how it goes. 

If opening a case will expedite the supporting documentation, that sounds like a good idea also.

Thank you!

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

I upgraded our Development instance from 9.4.0 to 9.4.1.  Technically this is a single node instance of Thingworx configured to run as a cluster/HA instance with embedded Ignite, so the installation was not really a rolling upgrade. 

However, I noticed that mashups utilizing the newer Grid widget acted as if that widget was Legacy, and, in fact, the Grid widget was not in the "Standard" list at all!  Someone else noticed this issue also: https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/9-4-1-new-Grid-Widget-gone/m-p/898816 

The resolution was to perform a full system restart.  If this is required, then I think the answer to my post is that this will not be a rolling upgrade.

On a slightly separate note, I tried both a restart of Tomcat and a reboot of the node, but the Grid widget didn't return.  Any ideas to get the Grid widget back as it's a pretty important piece of many mashups?

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

UPDATE about the Grid widget: I switched my browser from Edge to Chrome and the "Grid" widget is showing up there.  I tried reopening Edge and the widget still isn't coming up.

I have no inkling of an idea why this is the behavior but I am relieved that it's at least showing up somewhere.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Ascherer17.

Apologies for the delay in responding.  I'm working a temporary assignment for the next 6 months and have less time to work in the Community.

In regard to the issue you encountered with Edge, would you have time to test it under ThingWorx 9.4.2 which was just released last week?  This issue needs to be reported to R&D if it's still an issue in the newest release.  If it is still an issue, we'll need the release of Edge you're testing with.

Thanks.

--Sharon

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

After another quick check, the Grid widget appears to be showing up in Edge.  It just took an extended amount of time or something just didn't drop out of my cache until now.

I have not looked into 9.4.2 yet.

Top Tags