cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

how can i generate database report in thingworx?

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

how can i generate database report in thingworx?

Hi ,

I am looking to generate database report(multiple database). can you explain here in few lines?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VaibhavShinde.

Please refer to this page from our ThingWorx Help Center and follow the examples provided.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Could you please elaborate on the use case here and your requirements?

I want to generate report in Grid format by retrieving data from database table , and i need to filter by using one of the column name with export button which will export data to excel.

How we can create it?

Thanks

Is your database already connected to ThingWorx? You can connect any relational database via jdbc driver.

You would then write a sql command/query in a service to retrieve data. In the mashup, you can then use the advanced grid, a filter widget, and your query service bound to the filter and the grid to filter and sort data.

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FMashup_Builder%2FWidgets%2FAdvancedGrids.html

Hi,

yes I have connected the Database but I am unable to filter the data in Adv grid using data filter widget, I have nothing in service , just retrieving data and Infotable as output.  I am sharing screenshot plz see it .hope u would reply with best solution.

Thank you

Hi posipova,
Could you help me please. I have shared you the screenshots.

Thank you

You would need to enable sorting on the grid as well as a couple of other things for binding, mentioned in this article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS282617

I'm also attaching sample entities for the advanced grid. Please run the InitTable services on the Thing first to prepopulate the tables.

Hi @VaibhavShinde.

If the response provided by @posipova answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Slangley,

i have done half of the part that  is i retrieved data in grid but i am unable to filter it with advanced filter widget.

could you please help me out, i have simple one line code in service that is sql query for data retrieval and i am binding it to grid in mashup section but how to bind it to Filter widget ? , even i can see my columns in filter widget but after filtering grid is not refreshing,

Thank you

Hi @VaibhavShinde.

Please refer to this page from our ThingWorx Help Center and follow the examples provided.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @VaibhavShinde.

Please let us know if you have resolved your issue.  If so, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags