cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

how to set session using service

ashok12391
7-Bedrock

how to set session using service

Hello,

I have custom Login page, It was assigning based on appkey.I need to check user name and password given in that and want to set session for successful credentials. Is it possible.I know the Thingworx form login but need customize my page according to my requirement. my

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:ashok12391)

Hi @ashok12391 I think you should be able to get all the required current session information via the available services in ThingWorx Composer > Resources > CurrentSessionInfo. 

@supandey sorry my question is not clear, I want user name and password checking service in thingworx, I am implementing my own login exactly like  Thingworx form login.Any ideas to achieve this

supandey
19-Tanzanite

@ashok12391 if that is the case you might want to look into creating a custom Login Authentication, see more detail here. The documentation does cover sample configuration and other details on packaged used in developing the extension.

Once you have built your login authenticator extension it will have to be imported into ThingWorx and you will be required to provide it prioritisation when a user will attempt an authentication.

Hello @supandey

Thanks for the response, It was very helpful for me. Do we have any ready to use custom authentication functionality source code available in git or any where.If yes,Can you please provide me download link to get code.I dont have any coding knowledge in java to implement this.  

supandey
19-Tanzanite

@ashok12391 you could look into the Help Center document on General Development Process provided under the topic Authenticators in ThingWorx Help, together with Authenticator Sample Extension Cofiguration. Additionally there is a knowledge base article ThingWorx - Custom Authenticators Overview

There are not github samples at this moment.

Top Tags