cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

postgresql setup issue

JOberle
5-Regular Member

postgresql setup issue

I am on page 29 of the installing thingworx pdf. I run the batch file, ThingworxPostgresDBSetup, enter my password, and I get this...

psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:1: ERROR: role "twadmin" does not exist
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:3: ERROR: tablespace "thingworx" does not exist
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:5: ERROR: tablespace "thingworx" does not exist
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:14: ERROR: role "twadmin" does not exist
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:16: ERROR: database "thingworx" does not exist
Press any key to continue . . .

I found instruction on how to fix this in pgAdmin3 but I have pgAdmin4 and the instructions make no sense. I am guessing pgAdmin4 is different. I cannot figure out how to configure the script to not get these errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:JOberle)

Hi @JOberle.

Without knowing which version of ThingWorx you are installing or the platform you're running on, here is the link to the ThingWorx 9.x manual setup instructions for PostgreSQL on Windows.   If this isn't the correct configuration for your needs, you can use the panel to the left for navigating to the appropriate section.  Note that the database user account (step 4) has to exist before running the scripts.

We also have installers available which may be easier to use but these require that both the database user and database instance be created prior to running the installer.  Here is a link to the instructions.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JOberle
5-Regular Member

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FInstallation%2FInstallation%2Finstall_and_configure_postgresql_windows.html%23

I found this during my search before I posted but number 4 line a is confusing. I do not see anything to right click. What screen is this on? 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @JOberle.

I was working on my response to your original post and didn't see your follow up response until I had posted mine. 

To answer your question, it's referring to right-clicking Postgres in pgAdmin to pull up the menu for creating the user

Regards.

--Sharon

JOberle
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

I do not see this anywhere. Where on the screen is it. I feel like I am missing something. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @JOberle.

Without knowing which version of ThingWorx you are installing or the platform you're running on, here is the link to the ThingWorx 9.x manual setup instructions for PostgreSQL on Windows.   If this isn't the correct configuration for your needs, you can use the panel to the left for navigating to the appropriate section.  Note that the database user account (step 4) has to exist before running the scripts.

We also have installers available which may be easier to use but these require that both the database user and database instance be created prior to running the installer.  Here is a link to the instructions.

Regards.

--Sharon

JOberle
5-Regular Member

Thanks for the reply. It is thingworx 8 on a seperate server. The line I am having issue with is this...

a. Right click PostgreSQLx.x (<IP or host name of the database>:<Port number of PostgreSQL>). Example: PostgreSQLx.x (localhost:5432)

I cannot find this anywhere. Where is this located? I would love to right click it but I cannot find it.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @JOberle 

Give me some time to get PostgreSQL installed, and I will send a screenshot.

Regards.

--Sharon

JOberle
5-Regular Member

Nevermind. I found it. My screen was being blocked by something weird. Erg. Thanks for the help. This resolves that.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @JJ_9598732.

Glad you found the problem.  If one of the previous responses helped to solve the issue, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags