cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

"Failed to dispatch event" if I use "Automatically update values when able"

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

"Failed to dispatch event" if I use "Automatically update values when able"

Hi @drichter , 

Did you find where this is coming from? I'm having the same issue on my server.

7 REPLIES 7
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:jasperlg)

Could you please supply the logs and provide information on the same questions asked in the previous/referenced thread?

jasperlg
12-Amethyst
(To:posipova)

Hi @posipova,

Sorry for my late response, I was on my holiday. The line I'm getting in my log files looks like this:

Failed to dispatch event. Invalid Thing In Event Type.Thing:Entity.PersistentSession76d4a799-4401-4f36-b0b3-0ef151ff932a:Event.AnyDataChange:PersistentSession76d4a799-4401-4f36-b0b3-0ef151ff932a

There is no other information I'm getting from this. What does it mean?

Kind regards,

Jasper

Hi @jasperlg,

I was going through your question and found this article: "PersistentSession" is created automatically in ThingWorx

Hope this answers your question. Please do let us know if you have any questions or concerns, thanks

jasperlg
12-Amethyst
(To:vangne)

@vangne,

I think this has something to do with it, but this shows how the normal behaviour works, and not why we are getting the error. 

I also don't know the consequence of the error, but I don't like there are comming errors in my log. 

Kind regards, 

Jasper

posipova
20-Turquoise

At this point, it may be best to open a support ticket at support.ptc.com for a more in-depth investigation.

jasperlg
12-Amethyst
(To:posipova)

@posipova

I will do that, thanks. 

Jasper

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jasperlg.

If you were able to resolve your issue, please post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.  If you are still experiencing issues, please provide the logs previously requested.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags