cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

sending GPS Tracker data to thingworx

Peter_Raj
11-Garnet

sending GPS Tracker data to thingworx

Dear All

Am currently working on LIve monitoring of GPS TRACKER in thingworx

i have a GPS tracker i want the display the real time data and the historical data to Thingworx

I had tried to fetch GPS Data from the Webpage to Excel but it is not coming 

so can anyone guide to how to fetch the data from my GPS TRACKER from the website to kepserverEx and there by display in Thingworx

Thanks and regards 

Peter Raj D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I did not work too much with Kepserver, but I will describe some general steps that I would do to start.

First need to find out what connectivity capabilities has the GPS tracker, only in its specification you can find this.

Please see this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS313370

If you find a driver that can connect GPS Tracker and Kepware, then you need to send data to Thingworx after installing KepServer Extension

Steps to connect Kepserver and Thingworx are described here.

For different kind of setup, configuration regarding Kepserver and Kepserver Extension I encourage you to search articles in PTC Knowledge Base available at support.ptc.com

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I did not work too much with Kepserver, but I will describe some general steps that I would do to start.

First need to find out what connectivity capabilities has the GPS tracker, only in its specification you can find this.

Please see this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS313370

If you find a driver that can connect GPS Tracker and Kepware, then you need to send data to Thingworx after installing KepServer Extension

Steps to connect Kepserver and Thingworx are described here.

For different kind of setup, configuration regarding Kepserver and Kepserver Extension I encourage you to search articles in PTC Knowledge Base available at support.ptc.com

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Peter_Raj)

Hi @Peter_Raj.

If the response provided by @raluca_edu answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags