cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

setting up second persistence provider

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

setting up second persistence provider

can i add second persistence provider different from first persistence provider?

ex. first persistence provider: postgresql

second persistence provider: MSSQL

Is a combination like this possible ?

8 REPLIES 8
raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:Sruthi)

Hi,

As far as I know it is not possible, second persistence provider can be Influx DB.

So you can have:

- first persistence provider: PostgresSQL or MSSQL

- Second persistence provider: Influx DB

If you want to connect to another database (not as persistence provider), you can use an extension https://marketplace.ptc.com/apps/195356/jdbc-connector-extension#!overview

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:raluca_edu)

So the second persistence provider should be same as the first right? In case if we want it to be different we can go for Influx db right?

raluca_edu
17-Peridot

Hi,

From my point of view, second persistence provider should be Influx, so is not the same as the first one.

What you want to achieve?

Regards,

Raluca Edu

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

my doubt is..If I want to setup a second persistence provider, should it be the same as first or we can setup a different one?

raluca_edu
17-Peridot

Hi,

I cannot see any reason/use case to set a second persistence provider same as the first one. So, from my point of view, second persistence provider should be different than the first.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

ok. Thanks for your reply

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Sruthi.

Here is a link to the ThingWorx Help Center with more information on persistence providers.  Hopefully, this information will help to answer your questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Sruthi.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags