cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

thingworx salesforce integration

YS_10134308
10-Marble

thingworx salesforce integration

Is there any extension available in marketplace for integrating salesforce with thingworx, and if available where can I find it in marketplace? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The answer depends on what you meant when you said "thingworx".

ThingWorx Platform (the classic ThingWorx that everybody knows) does not have an out of the box connector for Salesforce. I am very sure that many partners though created such a connector.

ThingWorx Flow (the integration platform, which is auxiliary to ThingWorx, and not required by ThingWorx Platform to work) does contain lots of connectors, and also a rather rich Salesforce connector. Details about it are available here: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Integration_Orchestration/Salesforce/SalesforceConnector.html

If you don't have ThingWorx Flow installed, I would install it, and after that you can build ThingWorx Services, in Composer with the Salesforce connector, in a graphical manner, using Flow's interface integrated very well in the service builder (so you don't need to use two different systems).

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The answer depends on what you meant when you said "thingworx".

ThingWorx Platform (the classic ThingWorx that everybody knows) does not have an out of the box connector for Salesforce. I am very sure that many partners though created such a connector.

ThingWorx Flow (the integration platform, which is auxiliary to ThingWorx, and not required by ThingWorx Platform to work) does contain lots of connectors, and also a rather rich Salesforce connector. Details about it are available here: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Integration_Orchestration/Salesforce/SalesforceConnector.html

If you don't have ThingWorx Flow installed, I would install it, and after that you can build ThingWorx Services, in Composer with the Salesforce connector, in a graphical manner, using Flow's interface integrated very well in the service builder (so you don't need to use two different systems).

Hope it helps.

Hii  VladimirRosu

Thanks for your reply, but I am not able to install Thingworx Flow as I have not purchased the SCO and SCP editions of Thingworx.

Then I guess you have the choice of using pure REST calls to Salesforce REST API, for which they have pretty good documentation as I can see.

If anybody else is aware of any other connector (or if Salesforce offers Swagger/Odata files for their API), please add to this thread.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:YS_10134308)

Hi @YS_10134308.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags