cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

2D Camera Widget with Vuforia Studio

JW_9683400
6-Contributor

2D Camera Widget with Vuforia Studio

I am looking for an example of the implementation shown in the Vuforia Tutorial. If possible, please provide steps to replicate.
Link: http://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2FWidgetCamera.html%23
(Bind the Image Data property of the Camera widget into the ThingWorx services to store the images.)

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @JW_9683400 ,

some info you can find in my post to the topic "Transferring an image to twx"

Additionaly, I want to mention that  the camera widget is easy to use.

You can use the Picture Taken event to call your code when the picture is taken /complete - e.g. some service which should work with this picture data. In this case you can take  the image property of the camera widget - in some api call e.g. 

$scope.SaveImageToTwxRepository('/pictures/last.jpg',  $scope.view.wdg['camera-1']['image'] ); 

If you want to display the  taken picture in Studio you can use the imageUrl property  to assignee it to a respource of  image or 3D image widget.

With javascript code  e.g. :

$scope.setWidgetProp('3DImage-1',  'src', $scope.view.wdg['camera-1']['imageUrl']) ;

or via angular /studio  binding:

2020-12-22_13-42-36.jpg

here uploaded an simple project where I tested this widget

Top Tags