cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can I create PDFs dynamically?

Y.Moto
6-Contributor

Can I create PDFs dynamically?

Hello,

When using Vuforia Studio as an AR manual, I want to export the implementation record as a report.

I prefer PDF as the report format. Can i export Vuforia Studio values?

I understand that this is possible by working with thingworx, but I want to output a simple report.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Y.Moto , I overlooked the "tool like insight" in your post. So , in this case I need to correct my statement:

OK if you want to implement similar functionality for tracking of Vuroria Studio experiences like insight  - I think the best options is to use Thingworx services - so you will have your data then in Thingworx and is better to create there the reports.

To create any reports in studio could be also easy done via javascript , In this case so you can generate e.g. a json object containing a "snapshot" of  all settings of the current Studio Project  attributes or parameters in the Vuforia View session  and send then this json file to a server . Then the server could handle the generation of the report file from the received json object.

I do not think that generation of a report directly on the mobile device will be feasible 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Suraj_Patil
15-Moonstone
(To:Y.Moto)

yes it is possible 

Y.Moto
6-Contributor
(To:Suraj_Patil)

Thank you for the reply.Do you have any sample code for me? I tried to implement it using libraries such as jsPDF, but gave up because the libraries did not use to be available...

Hi @Y.Moto ,

I see that @Suraj_Patil  wrote that this is possible but unfortunately there is no more info about how is this possible /at least here in the topic

My question is what is the goal here . Do you want to print to pdf  the status of the augmentation display /screen hardcopy / so to share it e.g. via e-mail or is the idea here  different - e.g. to create on server side some reports. In this case you can use via the External data section in Studio some TWX service to forward the task to Thingworx. 

Actually we have created an thingworx pdf extension where where daily excel sheet is updated  and downloaded in the form of pdf format. so by this logic it will work on vuforia studio.

Y.Moto
6-Contributor
(To:Suraj_Patil)

Thanks for your reply,

@RolandRaytchev 

I want to analyze results like Vuforia insight. But there is no function like Vuforia insight, so it would be good if the Apllication Parameter values could be output in PDF.

@Suraj_Patil 

I still think it is better to work with Thingwork. Thanks for the good information.

Hi @Y.Moto , so far I see your mentioned Vuforia Insight- I am not sure if this is correct.   For me is this point a little confusing, because the Vuforia Insight so far I know, is part of the Vuforia Capture Cloud product and is not directly related to Vitoria Studio.  I also do not see any direct relation to the  Experience Service or Thingworx instances so that solution of any TWX extension could not be used in this case . The Vuforia Insight is module where you can track and auditing  the results of capturing procedures. Please, refer to https://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/editor/en/#page/vuforia_editor%2Fvuforia_work_instructions_intro.html%23

Vuforia Instruct is an out-of-the-box solution that enables you to leverage 3D CAD to easily create, deliver, and scale interactive work instructions to frontline workers.
Vuforia Instruct provides frontline workers the benefit of in-context, digital 3D work instructions overlaid onto the parts to be inspected. This enables workers to improve their accuracy and productivity, resulting in reduced cost and fewer delays in production.

When you have access to   Vuforia insight module you will be able to export your reports or a set of reports filtered by customer filter UI to csv file.

2022-04-15_13-01-11.jpg

So later a csv data could be used by many different application programming libraries , tools or  product where you can create you orwn reports /Tables or charts/ and of course save them later to PDF files.

@Y.Moto , I overlooked the "tool like insight" in your post. So , in this case I need to correct my statement:

OK if you want to implement similar functionality for tracking of Vuroria Studio experiences like insight  - I think the best options is to use Thingworx services - so you will have your data then in Thingworx and is better to create there the reports.

To create any reports in studio could be also easy done via javascript , In this case so you can generate e.g. a json object containing a "snapshot" of  all settings of the current Studio Project  attributes or parameters in the Vuforia View session  and send then this json file to a server . Then the server could handle the generation of the report file from the received json object.

I do not think that generation of a report directly on the mobile device will be feasible 

Y.Moto
6-Contributor
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Hi RolandRaytchev,

Thank you for your answer. I found that I cannot output to PDF directly from Vuforia Studio. If we want to output a report, utilize Thingworx.

Top Tags