cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Combining Data out of GetPropertyValue

MS_FLiX_HSD
7-Bedrock

Combining Data out of GetPropertyValue

Good morning everybody. 

am using IOT Data within my experince. To do so I use Thingworx & get the data via the Get property value service within Vuforia. 

I now want to make a picture visible when two properties have a specific value. 

Property 1: Additional Sensor -> its a string which is sent. -> "Endposition Reached" 

Property2: Status of Gripper arm -> again a string -> "Active"

When the Properties have the above mentioned value I want to make a picture visible. 

Does someone have a hint for me how to do it best? Is it within bindings with filter or is it in the java script of the project?

Thank you!

Martin

3 REPLIES 3

with javascript in vuforia studio it is possible based to property change from thingworx platform.

Thank you for the reply! Do you have a code example for me? I don't know how to start that atm. 

Hi @MS_FLiX_HSD ,

I had in the past similar taks to implement but for me was the usage of  another  TWX event more convenient  in this case and I think it could be applicable also  in your case therefore I want to share this here. Lets look on the following exmple ->I have in Thingworx a Thing where I have a string property :

2022-01-26_15-29-41.jpg

added e.g.  then the TWX  Event DataChange for the property (my_sensor_test1) - thing CADtestRepository  to the External Data

2022-01-26_15-33-04.jpg

So I have now the event on the right side /External Data panel. I created binding to app parameters. 

• the new value of the DataChange envent (property my_sensor_test1) I linked to parameter my_sensor_test1_newValue
  • and the old value of the DataChange event I linked to app parameter my_sensor_test1_oldValue as shown in the picture below

2022-01-26_15-37-49.jpg

So also to see the value I linke the app parameters to 2 labels -  label-1 (here the new value is linked) and label-2 ( oldValued linked)

In the label I wnat to display the value (as in your example  .. active , Endstation  or something else) and want to set a color for the different  states.

After the settings mentioned above it will update only the value. To have also a different color I defined :

- Css styles in the STYLES> APPLICATION tab:

.mygreen {

background-color :green; 
  color: blue;

}

.myred {

background-color :red; 
  color:yellow;

}

.myblue {

background-color :blue; 
  color:yellow;

}

And to set the styles depending the current value I used a $watch construct:

//================================================================

$scope.$watch('app.params["my_sensor_test1_newVal"]', function (newValue, oldValue, scope) {
 console.log("$watch >> newValue :: "+newValue+"  >>>oldValue :: "+oldValue);
  //handling of newVal
if(newValue!=null ) {  
  if(newValue.indexOf('active') != -1 )
  {    $scope.setWidgetProp('label-1','class','mygreen'); $scope.$applyAsync();

} else   

if(newValue.indexOf('Endstation') != -1 )
  {   $scope.setWidgetProp('label-1','class','myred'); $scope.$applyAsync();
  }  
 else 
  {   $scope.setWidgetProp('label-1','class','myblue'); $scope.$applyAsync();
  }  

}//end of handling of newVal
   //handling of newVal
if(oldValue!=null ) {  
  if(oldValue.indexOf('active') != -1 )
  {    $scope.setWidgetProp('label-2','class','mygreen'); $scope.$applyAsync();

} else   

if(oldValue.indexOf('Endstation') != -1 )
  {   $scope.setWidgetProp('label-2','class','myred'); $scope.$applyAsync();
  }  
 else 
  {   $scope.setWidgetProp('label-2','class','myblue'); $scope.$applyAsync();
  }  

}//end of handling of newVal
              })

///////////////////////////////////////////////
//======================================

So this was all, now tested the value - where I changed the property my_sensor_test1  in Thingworx UI  and checked the display in preview mode- so the color was changed/updated  according to the value setting:

2022-01-26_15-21-38.jpg

Top Tags