cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creating a trained Model Target dataset

cmodin
6-Contributor

Creating a trained Model Target dataset

Creating a trained Model Target dataset is an option for the Vuforia Engine however I need this functionality in Vuforia Studio. Is there a pipeline for getting Studio to be able to use this data for targets or is this impossible?

Thanks for any help/info!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cmodin ,

I do not think that trained model target datasets is a  part of the current Vuforia Studio functionality.  Last time I did see some internal information which reveals  that PTC development team is working on this but I am actually not sure if this was related to Studio and think more that it was considered only as part of the Vuforia Engine.

I did ask the dev team in PTC internal group and hope to receive a feedback soon.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @cmodin ,

I do not think that trained model target datasets is a  part of the current Vuforia Studio functionality.  Last time I did see some internal information which reveals  that PTC development team is working on this but I am actually not sure if this was related to Studio and think more that it was considered only as part of the Vuforia Engine.

I did ask the dev team in PTC internal group and hope to receive a feedback soon.

cmodin
6-Contributor
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Thanks so much for the information, that's some functionality that would be incredibly useful in vuforia studio.

Is there anyway to have multiple model targets in a single view? I've seen this showcased in the vuforia youtube videos but haven't been able to find a way to do it.

Hello @cmodin ,

I received an answer from development team / product management for Vuforia Studio. 

The following statement (I hope is helpful):

================

"Ultimately we want to support MT360 in more commercial offerings. And we are currently investigating effort and potential timelines to support 3D work instructions use cases with MT360. Due to other competing priorities, MT360 will not be available in Studio in FY2019. At this point we are not far enough in our detailed FY2020 release planing to communicate a more precise date."

cmodin
6-Contributor
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Thanks so much! It may not have been what I was hoping for but I really appreciate you finding out and relaying that information to me. Here's to hoping it's in FY2020!

Top Tags