cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Fetch 3-D Model from Thingworx File Repository into Vuforia Studio

Aditya1702
13-Aquamarine

Fetch 3-D Model from Thingworx File Repository into Vuforia Studio

Hi Everyone,

Can we fetch 3-D Model dynamically from Thingworx file repository into Vuforia Studio

Tried adding the pvz file url generated in Thingworx as a source for Model but its not working. But the same url if paste in browser the pvz file is getting downloaded 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Aditya1702 ,

you can check the post (https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/How-to-place-a-thingmark-with-remote-pvz-resource/m-p/772371#M10509 ).

Aactually  it is another topic but there is also a post where is discussed how to receive models in Vuforia Studio from Thingworx repository . So , hope it could be helpful in this case. Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Aditya1702 ,

you can check the post (https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/How-to-place-a-thingmark-with-remote-pvz-resource/m-p/772371#M10509 ).

Aactually  it is another topic but there is also a post where is discussed how to receive models in Vuforia Studio from Thingworx repository . So , hope it could be helpful in this case. Thanks

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

Thank you for your guidance the issue was the model wasn't getting displayed in the preview but it is displayed on the device after publishing.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Aditya Gupta.

Yes, I think there is issue that in the LoadBinary-complete event the file data is not complete on the mobile device. But  I think there is  another very easy way to do this.

Example of the return values of the GetFileListngWithLinks:2022-03-08_12-46-13.jpg

In this case on the mobile device ( I verified that this is working on IOS and Android) will load the file then. But requirment is that the Repository Thing with service GetFile ListingWithLink is registered  in the Exeternal DAta section

Then this code will work fine

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
$scope.testWithLink= function(){
//let urlStr= "https://pp-2201141259fd.portal.ptc.io/Thingworx/FileRepositories/CADtestRepository/test/tuer_rahmen_1_17-03-31.pvz"
let urlStr="/Thingworx/FileRepositories/CADtestRepository/test/engine_test_exp.pvz"
  $scope.setWidgetProp('model-1','src', urlStr); $scope.$applyAsync();
  }
///////

here I want to add a demo project . But this project  is connected with a TWX /ES instance what I need to start and to pay attention that it is active.

To change it to you own database you need :

- first set the epxerinece service link in the Studio Configuration > info Tab

- in the Home.js change this

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
$scope.LoadFileFromTwxRepository = function(path) {
  console.log("calling LoadFileFromTwxRepository")
  var TWXmodelID   = 'CADtestRepository' // you repository Thing here
  var serviceName  = 'LoadBinary'
  var parameters   =  {"path":path}
  twx.app.fn.triggerDataService(TWXmodelID,serviceName, parameters);
  $scope.$applyAsync();               
  console.log("after call of LoadFileFromTwxRepository")

};

and  in the 2 button click events change the value of you path

//Button-2 
LoadFileFromTwxRepository('/test/robot_test.pvz');
//button-1
LoadFileFromTwxRepository('/test/test_kasten_new1.pvz');

- in the External Data Secition add the service for the File repostirory according to the picture 1 for select-1 widget:2022-03-08_10-28-13.jpg

and  picture-2 for the select-2 widget:

2022-03-08_10-30-46.jpg

Top Tags