cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Hide Tagalong Button of 3D Panel

AlexK
14-Alexandrite

Hide Tagalong Button of 3D Panel

Is there a way to disable and hide the Tagalong buttons of the 3D panels? I've found that people are pressing it without knowing what it does, and they are messing up the layout of the experience.

AlexK_0-1665654991076.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AlexK ,

so I think you can use possibly one of the events on this widget. I see that tethered and untethered will fire when we click the symbol which will change the tagalong property :

2022-10-13_18-00-10.jpg

so possibly you can use some function in the tethered event which will set the tagalong property of the 3DPanel to false e.g.:

$scope.app.myTetheredEvtCallback=function(){ 
console.warn("INFO:: Tethered Event called")
$scope.setWidgetProp("3DPanel-1","tagalong",false); 
};

so you can write in the JS box of the tethered event call  

app.myTetheredEvtCallback();

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @AlexK ,

so I think you can use possibly one of the events on this widget. I see that tethered and untethered will fire when we click the symbol which will change the tagalong property :

2022-10-13_18-00-10.jpg

so possibly you can use some function in the tethered event which will set the tagalong property of the 3DPanel to false e.g.:

$scope.app.myTetheredEvtCallback=function(){ 
console.warn("INFO:: Tethered Event called")
$scope.setWidgetProp("3DPanel-1","tagalong",false); 
};

so you can write in the JS box of the tethered event call  

app.myTetheredEvtCallback();

AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Thank you Mr. Raytchev, this works. Maybe I will cover the button with a toggle to hide the panel so there are no "broken" buttons in the experience, that don't do anything.

Best wishes

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot
(To:AlexK)

I ran into this issue as well. I tried playing with the styling of the button, but wasn't able to completely get rid of it or stop it from displaying. As a workaround, I was able to tweak its position and size relative to the panel, to make it small and positioned inside the 3D rectangle of the panel itself, making it no longer visible due to being hidden inside the panel.

This is definitely an area that could use some improvement in terms of UI management.

@ClayHelberg ,

thanks for the feedback! The Vuforia Dev Team and PM is aware about this issue . There is a ticket reported VTS-1238 some days ago.

Thanks Roland!

Top Tags