cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to attach link to the image button widget?

M_shah
7-Bedrock

How to attach link to the image button widget?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

As far as I know, you can't.  So what I have done is this case is to use the Hyperlink widget and use CSS to format it so that it appears as an image.

1. Upload an image that you want to use into your Resources.
  2. Go to your Styles in the Project tree on the left side of the screen and define a style for the Hyperlink.  In my example below, I've uploaded web_button.png to use.

.web-link {
    color: transparent;
    width: 48px;
    height: 48px;

background-color: transparent;
    background-size: 48px 48px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-image: url(#{$resources}/Uploaded/web_button.png);
    }

3. Add a Hyperlink widget and define the class as web-link:

Untitled.png

Now your hyperlink will be a clickable image. 

What I like about this method is that clicking on the Hyperlink will open up the default browser on the device and go to the URL specified.  As it's been launched in a separate application, you can always use the devices back functionality to jump back in to the experience.

You could also use JavaScript to open the URL, but in the examples that I've seen, the web page opens inside the experience and then there's no way to get back to the AR.

Regards,

Allan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

As far as I know, you can't.  So what I have done is this case is to use the Hyperlink widget and use CSS to format it so that it appears as an image.

1. Upload an image that you want to use into your Resources.
  2. Go to your Styles in the Project tree on the left side of the screen and define a style for the Hyperlink.  In my example below, I've uploaded web_button.png to use.

.web-link {
    color: transparent;
    width: 48px;
    height: 48px;

background-color: transparent;
    background-size: 48px 48px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-image: url(#{$resources}/Uploaded/web_button.png);
    }

3. Add a Hyperlink widget and define the class as web-link:

Untitled.png

Now your hyperlink will be a clickable image. 

What I like about this method is that clicking on the Hyperlink will open up the default browser on the device and go to the URL specified.  As it's been launched in a separate application, you can always use the devices back functionality to jump back in to the experience.

You could also use JavaScript to open the URL, but in the examples that I've seen, the web page opens inside the experience and then there's no way to get back to the AR.

Regards,

Allan

Hi @AllanThompson

Thanks for your support

Regards,

Manthan

Top Tags