cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to highlight the part when selecting it from screen and pop an 3D image ?

nraichura
12-Amethyst

How to highlight the part when selecting it from screen and pop an 3D image ?

Hi,

I have seen ktm bike experience i want to create same type of experience in which i want to highlighted the part once you touch the button on the screen and display 3d image and also it highlight the information of the component.

Let me know if any one tried or having such solution.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @nraichura ,

y

Hi  ,

your question consist of the steps:

1.)  click and highlight of a component

a.) this could be done by the trivial way - simple create for all components a modeitems widget. In this case you have you can implement the logic what happened on click on a particular component in  the modelitem widget click event for each widget. (this is work intensive)

2.) without modelitem widget - you have to implement an listener for the modelitems and to create a structure file where you have to identify what component was selected . For this I could referrer to the following posts:

for the selection:

How to select model components in a 3d model without explicit definition of model Items?

and  for the question how to generate  the component data:

How to extract model data of 3d models in Vuforia Studio (without external Tools)?

or (using Creo View Web toolkit)

How to extract the components with properties from a pvz file

In this case you can identify the selected components and then open a TextArea or 3dlabel or 3dImage and move it near to the object and display the desired information… this is a question of details of the particular implementation. 

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

Thank you for your reply you have given too many information but my query is simple i want to flash the component once it's in view app and it should display the 3D label or image.That's it.

Can you share some simplify procedure or video to do the same.

Thank you

Hi @nraichura ,

I am sorry for the delay! 

Regarding your question:

"simple I want to flash the component once it's in view app and it should display the 3D label or image."

So what I interpret here your question consist of two parts (actually I considered in my first replay only the first part)

1.) part 1.)  how to flash a component - so believe you mean something like to change the color  e.g -> origin color -> red after delay 0.3 -> green ->0.3 delay-> red ..... some times… and then back to the original color.... ? right?

This is possible. But to provide an example I need to know what component is it?  Is there possible to create  a modelitem widget for it . This will make it very simple. If this is not possible , then what info do you have for this component. Because we need the information at least to which model widget it belongs and what is the occurrence path /component path of it some thing like /0/1/9. In this case we can flash it with javaScript and I could write an simple example which will demonstrate this

2.) part 2 -> it should display the 3D Label or Image. What this means? Could you provide an example /description.

So it is possible :  we defined some 3dlabel Widget and make them invisible and later set the visibility to true and set the text to particular value…. Potentially we can also move it near to particular component…. Etc.

The same is possible to 3d Image with the difference that we can not change a text here but we can change here the resource image

Top Tags