cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to make repeater widget to fill from Left to Right and wrap remaining items in bottom

Velkumar
18-Opal

How to make repeater widget to fill from Left to Right and wrap remaining items in bottom

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to fill data items from Left to Right in Repeater Widget.

/VR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

it seems that we can not achieve this only with property settings but possibly in combination with css style definitions - e.g. in the Applicaiton tab:

.test{
  width: 40px;
  height: 40px;
  background-color: skyblue;
  transform: rotate(-90deg) translateX(-400px);
    }

And we can set the test to the gridLayout which contain the repeater (will rotate and translate it) . The best value could be found after some tests.

For quick test I did have the following appearance:

2020-05-29_14-46-23.jpg 

Of course, you can use some rotation also in sub elements e.g. repeater cells - for example you can rotate back the text again 90 degree if you want to have a horizontal texts but it will definitely require a number of tests when you want to achieve the desired appearance of your layout.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi  @Velkumar ,

to be sure what is the issue, could you please , provide more detailed description.

For the repeat widget -what is the source, means where did you get the data/ or how did you generate it? Or do you want to generate the data?

So I believe the data is not complete? Rights. -may be  here will be a picture helpful  or sample of the data (json ) will give more clarity,

What is the goal and the reason when you want to fill data?

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

I have mapped and able to view data in repeater widget. PFB PNG for your reference

Velkumar_0-1590744356525.png

Currently data are filling from top to bottom. I'm looking for way to fill data from left to right and remaining data in bottom like Thingworx Collection widget and Repeater widget.

/VR

Thanks for clarification!

So when I correctly understand the problem - there is the problem that the picuture has not the correct size and are shown only partially? Right?

My impression is that here the problem is the format of the image widget. So to fix it you can set the property of the column and the widget image

2020-05-29_11-45-28.jpg

but I see also you mentioned the order the data is written to the repeater? so you need the to write from left to right and from bottom to top.

I think , here you can try with the repeter widget properties:

2020-05-29_12-13-47.jpg

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

Sorry maybe I didn't state problem properly. 

Currently in Repeater data are filling from top to bottom direction, PFB PNG

1.PNG 

I want that to be filled/aligned from Left to Right Direction

2.png

/VR

it seems that we can not achieve this only with property settings but possibly in combination with css style definitions - e.g. in the Applicaiton tab:

.test{
  width: 40px;
  height: 40px;
  background-color: skyblue;
  transform: rotate(-90deg) translateX(-400px);
    }

And we can set the test to the gridLayout which contain the repeater (will rotate and translate it) . The best value could be found after some tests.

For quick test I did have the following appearance:

2020-05-29_14-46-23.jpg 

Of course, you can use some rotation also in sub elements e.g. repeater cells - for example you can rotate back the text again 90 degree if you want to have a horizontal texts but it will definitely require a number of tests when you want to achieve the desired appearance of your layout.

Top Tags