cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

In View, camera feed blacks out when a sequence is selected after "freeze canvas" has been applied.

jriely
6-Contributor

In View, camera feed blacks out when a sequence is selected after "freeze canvas" has been applied.

I have tried this with multiple models and experience servers and so I can only conclude that this is an issue with vuforia view. The issue appears if you freeze the camera and then select/change the sequence. The issue doesn't happen if you select the sequence and then freeze the camera but as soon as you try to change the sequence with the camera frozen, the blackout issue happens. This issue is present in Vuforia View 8.5 and 8.5.1.

I tested this with Vuforia View 8.4.3 and the blackout issue did not happen. 

blackoutbug.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @jriely ,

I did not faced this issue yet, so may be,  if it is new we need to report it to PTC R&D.

How did you change the sequence - so believe javaScript - what is the used code there?

So, the first idea is before changing of the sequence to resume the container camera and then set the sequence and afterword’s freeze it again ... 

But I need to check this first. I remember in the past I used to set a sequence and play all or play some particular steps a  code like  this:

$scope.app.test=function () {

////////////////
            $timeout( function() {$scope.app.setSequence(1);}  , 500);
            $scope.$applyAsync();

//$timeout( function() {$scope.app.fn.triggerWidgetService("model-1","playAll");}  , 1500);
            $timeout( function() { $scope.app.setSequence(2); }, 11000);
           // $timeout( function() { $scope.app.setSequence(3); }, 30000);

$timeout( function() {twx.app.fn.triggerWidgetService("model-1", 'reset'); 
                           $scope.$applyAsync();  console.log("reset-4");             
                                                            }, 20000);   
} //end of test

//var figure_list =["l-Creo 3D - Figure 1","l-Creo 3D - Figure 2","l-Creo 3D - Figure 3"];
var figure_list =["l-Creo 3D - TestFigure1","l-Creo 3D - SecondTestFigure"];

$scope.app.setSequence = function(val)
	{  console.log(" called app.setSequnece("+ (val-1)+")=app/resources/Uploaded/"+figure_list[val-1]+".pvi")
       try{$scope.setWidgetProp('model-1', 'sequence', "app/resources/Uploaded/"+figure_list[val-1]+".pvi"); }
       catch(e) {console.warn("exception="+e);}
	  $scope.$applyAsync();
    };
 ////////////////////////////// 'stepcompleted' the better way to call an play or playAll when is sequence is loaded

as mention in the post

jriely
6-Contributor
(To:RolandRaytchev)

In the example I posted above, the sequence was changed with 0 code, just with bindings from a select widget.

It also failed when the sequence was changed via code instead.

Was able to reproduce issue on Android Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Vuforia View 8.5.0 and on IOS IPad with 8.5.1. 

Reported issue to internal R&D IOT Overflow .

Top Tags