cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Integrate Vuforia Experience Service on Premise on the Windows Server 2008 R2 version

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

Integrate Vuforia Experience Service on Premise on the Windows Server 2008 R2 version

Is it possible to integrate Vuforia Experience Service on Premise on the Windows Server 2008 R2 version?

Have you already tried it? It works.

regards,

Matteo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Matteo,

I have looked the documentation Installing and Deploying an Experience Service 8.4.6.

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/6FCDB63E6C444D5CA0DEE998A52AC8FF.pdf?sc_lang=en

At the page 10, in the chapter Experience Service Requirements, in Operating System array ; only Windows Server 2016 64-bits has been listed as Windows OS.

So, it means Windows Server 2008 R2 has not been tested by PTC R&D and Q&A.

It means also not supported by PTC.

What do is it mean not supported ?

It means, an issue reported n a such OS and if the issue is only reproducible with this OS, a Jira ticket will not be reported to R&D and we cannot expect a fix.

If the problem is reproducible in an OS who is supported, we can have a Jira ticket and a fix from R&D/

By the way, I have install Vuforia Experience Service in Windows 10 without any problem.

I was using it to do tests without any problem.

So, not supported doesn't mean, it will not work.

Best regards,

Samuel

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello Matteo,

I have looked the documentation Installing and Deploying an Experience Service 8.4.6.

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/6FCDB63E6C444D5CA0DEE998A52AC8FF.pdf?sc_lang=en

At the page 10, in the chapter Experience Service Requirements, in Operating System array ; only Windows Server 2016 64-bits has been listed as Windows OS.

So, it means Windows Server 2008 R2 has not been tested by PTC R&D and Q&A.

It means also not supported by PTC.

What do is it mean not supported ?

It means, an issue reported n a such OS and if the issue is only reproducible with this OS, a Jira ticket will not be reported to R&D and we cannot expect a fix.

If the problem is reproducible in an OS who is supported, we can have a Jira ticket and a fix from R&D/

By the way, I have install Vuforia Experience Service in Windows 10 without any problem.

I was using it to do tests without any problem.

So, not supported doesn't mean, it will not work.

Best regards,

Samuel

Top Tags