cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is it possible to create Proportional Chart or Progress Gauge in Vuforia Studio?

Swapnil_More
14-Alexandrite

Is it possible to create Proportional Chart or Progress Gauge in Vuforia Studio?

Hello, 

I want to create Proportional chart or Progress bar in Vuforia Studio on 3D Eyewear project.

Is there any way to create custom gauges in VS?

I am using .SVG file for customized gauges but they are static.

I want dynamic gauge. please find below image for reference.12.PNG

Regards,
Swapnil More
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Using dynamic SVG format we can also create a vertical chart :

2019-09-17_19-15-34.gif

Here in this picture above additionally to the horizontal bar is also shown a vertical chart with 4 columns/bars

The function from the previous post was extended so that the with a call like:

$timeout(proportionalBarMoretimes('image-2',20,20,2,'green',306,'yellow',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'blue',200),1000)

The following call

$timeout(proportionalBarMoretimes('image-2',20,20,4,'green',306,'yellow',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'blue',200),1000)

will display a chart with 2 vertical  bars  :

2019-09-17_19-24-41.gif

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Swapnil_More ,

I do not believe that we can use the current barChart to create the desired functionality ( but actually not 100% sure, may be somebody have other idea)

But I think the using of the SVG file is a good approach. I think we can generate and set svg file dynamically according to the post "Display SVG as 3D Image on HoloLens"

If you have difficulties to get it working, then , please,  sent me the svg file - so I could try to create an example for dynamic setting.

Thanks!

Hello @RolandRaytchev ,

Please find attached .SVG files for reference and could you please explain me how it could be done?

I want to show Line history ( if Machine Running == Green, If Machine Idle ==  Red.)

Please tell me how I can achieve it.

Regards,
Swapnil More

Hi @Swapnil_More ,

actually when I give somebody  a hint in a  post , in generally I will expect  that at least some tests or consideration  should be done there. Did you check the link I mention in the last post .  "Display SVG as 3D Image on HoloLens" ? In this topic was mention how to generate dynamic svg file. Did you try this and what are the problems?

Nevertheless I did test it further  and it  was working as expected after some work… and some tests.(Because  I think this is a very good quesiton and need to be investigated furhter)

The mean approach is there to create a dynamic xml file using the SVG syntax.

Following function with variable arguments

function proportionalBar(<ImageWdiget>,heightBar,color1,width1,color2, width2 ..... )

example of call:

$timeout(proportionalBar('image-1',60,'red',126,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100),1000)
//or
   $timeout(proportionalBar('image-2',20,'green',306,'yellow',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100),1000)

2019-09-17_14-14-19.gif

There are 2 Image widgets (image-1 and image-2)

I used the following code:

//function proportionalBar(<ImageWdiget>,heightBar,color1,width1,color2, width2 ..... )
function proportionalBar() { var imgWidget='' var height=30 var color ='red' var width=0 var x=0 var firstWidth=0 var xmlsrc_in='' var xmlsrc='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>\n' if(arguments.length>0) imgWidget=arguments[0] if(arguments.length>1) height=arguments[1] if(arguments.length>2) console.log ("number of arguments ="+ arguments.length) for (var i= 2; i < arguments.length; i++) { console.log('Argument ['+i+']='+arguments[i]); if ( i % 2 == 0) { color =arguments[i] console.log('color='+color)} else { if(firstWidth ==0) {firstWidth++ x=0 width=arguments[i] console.log('width='+width) } else { width=arguments[i] console.log('width='+width) x=x+arguments[i-2] console.log('x='+x) } xmlsrc_in = xmlsrc_in+'<rect x="'+x+'" y="0" width="'+width+'" height="'+height+'" style="fill:'+color+'"/>\n' console.log('xmlsrc_in='+xmlsrc_in) } } width= width+x xmlsrc=xmlsrc+'<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="'+height+'" width="'+ width+'">\n' xmlsrc=xmlsrc+ xmlsrc_in xmlsrc=xmlsrc+'</svg>' console.warn(xmlsrc); $scope.view.wdg[imgWidget].imgsrc='data&colon;image/svg+xml;base64,'+btoa(xmlsrc); } /////////////////////////////////////////////// $scope.$on('$ionicView.afterEnter', function() { $timeout(proportionalBar('image-1',60,'red',126,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100),1000) $timeout(proportionalBar('image-2',20,'green',306,'yellow',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100),1000) })

During the tests I did some printing to the console for debugging purpuse. You can disable them /comment or remove /

2019-09-17_14-25-55.gif

Using dynamic SVG format we can also create a vertical chart :

2019-09-17_19-15-34.gif

Here in this picture above additionally to the horizontal bar is also shown a vertical chart with 4 columns/bars

The function from the previous post was extended so that the with a call like:

$timeout(proportionalBarMoretimes('image-2',20,20,2,'green',306,'yellow',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'blue',200),1000)

The following call

$timeout(proportionalBarMoretimes('image-2',20,20,4,'green',306,'yellow',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'blue',200),1000)

will display a chart with 2 vertical  bars  :

2019-09-17_19-24-41.gif

Hello @RolandRaytchev ,

Thanks for solution,

Actually I tried your previous solution and it was working fine but I was unable to add multiple images in that scenario. but now all are working fine now.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
Swapnil More

Hello @RolandRaytchev ,

I am working on your solution but I am not able to see Images.

Please find attached project for your reference.

Regards,
Swapnil More

Hi @Swapnil_More ,

I downloaded your project and will check it today  and will give a feedback (today a little bit later )

Regards and Thanks!

When I answered to this topic the  first time  I did test only on mobile project. There was everything workig fine. 

I checked with your project for the HoloLens and I also did not get it working.

so needed to check somethings and have and somehow I got it working  but it  took for a while...

I suspect  to use the direct set to src property of 3DImage widget  we need some kind of action to wake up the upload mechanism of the widget. otherwise I have no idea why  now is working when I am calling the function in  a fetch construct and in the  “then” brach of the fetch I will call the function proportionalBar()- then it works.

2019-09-18_16-49-53.gif

The code was modified to :

const toDataURL = url => fetch(url)
  .then(response => response.blob())
  .then(blob => new Promise((resolve, reject) => {
    const reader = new FileReader()
    reader.onloadend = () => resolve(reader.result)
    reader.onerror = reject
    reader.readAsDataURL(blob)
  }))
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
$scope.$on('$ionicView.afterEnter', function()  {

toDataURL('app/resources/Uploaded/green.svg')
  .then(dataUrl => {
    console.log('RESULT:', dataUrl)
  })

toDataURL('app/resources/Uploaded/red.svg')

.then(dataUrl => {

$timeout(proportionalBar('image-1',60,'red',126,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100),1000)
     $timeout(proportionalBar('image-2',20,'green',306,'yellow',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100,'green',300,'magenta',77,'yellow',100),1000)

})

}) 

//////////////////////////////////////
function proportionalBar() {
  var imgWidget=''
  var height=30
  var color ='red'
   var width=0
   var x=0
   var firstWidth=0
   var xmlsrc_in=''
    var xmlsrc='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>\n'

if(arguments.length>0) imgWidget=arguments[0]
  if(arguments.length>1)  height=arguments[1]
  if(arguments.length>2) 

console.log ("number of arguments ="+ arguments.length)

for (var  i= 2; i < arguments.length; i++) 
   {
    console.log('Argument ['+i+']='+arguments[i]);
     if ( i % 2 == 0)
     { color =arguments[i] 
       console.log('color='+color)}
     else
     {
     if(firstWidth ==0) {firstWidth++
                         x=0
                         width=arguments[i]
                         console.log('width='+width)
                        }
       else            { width=arguments[i]
                         console.log('width='+width)
                         x=x+arguments[i-2]
                          console.log('x='+x)

}
           xmlsrc_in = xmlsrc_in+'<rect x="'+x+'" y="0" width="'+width+'" height="'+height+'" style="fill:'+color+'"/>\n'
           console.log('xmlsrc_in='+xmlsrc_in)

}

} 

width= width+x

xmlsrc=xmlsrc+'<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="'+height+'" width="'+ width+'">\n'
      xmlsrc=xmlsrc+ xmlsrc_in

xmlsrc=xmlsrc+'</svg>'
  console.warn(xmlsrc);
  $scope.view.wdg[imgWidget].src='data&colon;image/svg+xml;base64,'+btoa(xmlsrc);

}

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I attached the modified project to this post

Top Tags