cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Navigator / zones of interest extension

KlemenM
9-Granite

Navigator / zones of interest extension

Hi,

I found https://github.com/steveghee/OCTO_Studio_extensions and successfully added it to studio.

I'm really interested in navigator or zones of interest but I can't figure out how they work. I try to set the value from javascript but the screen in preview is blank. 

I would like to ask if someone can provide me working example/project of this extensions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Because I did not use this OCTO widget in the past - wanted to test. - OCTO navigator  and tested on IOS - added in the Home.js:

$scope.$on('$ionicView.afterEnter',()=> {
$scope.view.wdg['navigator-1'].poidata = [ 
                                         { position: "0,0,0",    // defined as a string of xyz coordinates 
                                               gaze: "0,0,1",    // defined as a string, this is a unit vector pointing away from the view
                                                 up: "0, 1, 0",  // defined as a string, this is a unit vector pointing up through the device
                                             cutoff: 1.2,        // optional, if provided this will override the widget-level cutoff setting FOR THIS poi
                                           metadata: "optional"  // optional data that can be used to describe what this row indicates. can be string or {} object
                                         }
                                       ];
})

specified the IPad in the device property of the navigator-1 

2022-07-08_15-42-55.jpg

linked 3 buttons to the available service and tested.

The first impression is that it seems to work in the current studio version - so tested it in chrome preview and then on IOS IPad pro device - this worked -> means it could show  the colored points to the specified space point/coord. The navigation was working in generally  but  of course need to verify further  if the behavior is as indented and also what the other settings will do but seems that in generally it should work

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @KlemenM ,

do you mean in your question a specific extension from the OCTO github?

In the readme.md there is mentioned in the section navigation 2 widgets navigator and zones - is that what you want to use?

Which one or both? And what is the result of testing on mobile or HL?

Yes my question is about OCTO extensions. I want to test how both of extensions work in action but I'm unable to do so. I used the code from readme.md but the screen in preview of the mobile project is blank, I probably wrote the code wrong. I want to point user to specific location for which I currently use "pinger". 

Because I did not use this OCTO widget in the past - wanted to test. - OCTO navigator  and tested on IOS - added in the Home.js:

$scope.$on('$ionicView.afterEnter',()=> {
$scope.view.wdg['navigator-1'].poidata = [ 
                                         { position: "0,0,0",    // defined as a string of xyz coordinates 
                                               gaze: "0,0,1",    // defined as a string, this is a unit vector pointing away from the view
                                                 up: "0, 1, 0",  // defined as a string, this is a unit vector pointing up through the device
                                             cutoff: 1.2,        // optional, if provided this will override the widget-level cutoff setting FOR THIS poi
                                           metadata: "optional"  // optional data that can be used to describe what this row indicates. can be string or {} object
                                         }
                                       ];
})

specified the IPad in the device property of the navigator-1 

2022-07-08_15-42-55.jpg

linked 3 buttons to the available service and tested.

The first impression is that it seems to work in the current studio version - so tested it in chrome preview and then on IOS IPad pro device - this worked -> means it could show  the colored points to the specified space point/coord. The navigation was working in generally  but  of course need to verify further  if the behavior is as indented and also what the other settings will do but seems that in generally it should work

Thank you, your code works. I made a stupid mistake in my code for which I am ashamed but I hope that this topic will be usefull for other users who maybe don't know that this extension exist.

Hi @KlemenM ,

I do not think that there is a really a "stupid error" 😀. I think errors always happen (possibly mostly the reason is   that the documentation is not clear enough and  therefore it is always   helpful to share  issue  with the community . E.g. in this case it was helpful to hear about some powerful widgets which are not a part of the standard studio functionality - and possibly it could be  helpful for future projects. Thanks

Top Tags