cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Not able to create Thing or import entities in ThingWorx associated with trial Vuforia Studio

priyag17
6-Contributor

Not able to create Thing or import entities in ThingWorx associated with trial Vuforia Studio

This is in reference to Fundamentals of AR course. I am not able to import RobotArmEntities.xml in ThingWorx associated with trial Vuforia Studio. However, even though the TWX project contains the RobotArm1 thing, there is no RobotArmSimulator (Timer) Thing.  And since I don't have admin rights, I can't create it.  Any ideas on how I can get live simulated data into the IoT Robot Arm Repair experience in this tutorial?

3 REPLIES 3
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:priyag17)

@priyag17  With Studio Trial account, one cannot create or import entities due to restrictions. I believe you can only see/play around with entities & data preconfigured with trail account provisioning.

-Durgesh

priyag17
6-Contributor
(To:dupatel)

@dupatel we are using trial version of studio but experience service is on premise. After installing experience service on premise and configuring it's url in trial studio we are not able to connect with the local thingWorx to which the experience service is configured.
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:priyag17)

@priyag17  So, you are having an on-premise Experience service which is configured with your local ThingWorx instance.  Now, when you are pointing ES URL inside Vuforia Studio application it is giving error. Correct?

So, are you able to validate ES URL from within Studio application? Also, check if there are any errors in Studio application logs or Experience service terminal command console. There could be an issue with your ES & TWX configuration or connectivity. 

In case you have a proxy server then you might have to put the proxy details within Studio application.

-Durgesh

Top Tags