cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Possible start Vuforia Studio as a service, not a program?

RagnarRoestad
7-Bedrock

Possible start Vuforia Studio as a service, not a program?

Is it possible to start Vuforia Studio as a service, not a program?

I've installed Studio Trial on a Windows 2016 Server and would like to not be dependent of a specific user to log in and start the program to get the web service running.

There are different user that can RDP the server and participate in building experiences.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RagnarRoestad  At the moment, Vuforia Studio is been offered as a program.  If I understood your requirements correctly then I believe you can instead install the application locally on different individual machines/workstations.  Then, multiple users can create experiences locally on there studio app, however, they can publish the projects with different names pointing to the same Vuforia Experience Service.

Or Is there a need for the different users to work on the same AR project simultaneously  ??

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@RagnarRoestad  At the moment, Vuforia Studio is been offered as a program.  If I understood your requirements correctly then I believe you can instead install the application locally on different individual machines/workstations.  Then, multiple users can create experiences locally on there studio app, however, they can publish the projects with different names pointing to the same Vuforia Experience Service.

Or Is there a need for the different users to work on the same AR project simultaneously  ??

-Durgesh

Hi and thanks for your reply @dupatel 

Since posting I have got a better understanding of Studio for design and the Experience Server for hosting the running experience. I also see from the installation guide that Studio is not supported for Windows 2016 Server. 

/Ragnar

Announcements
Top Tags