cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Vuforia Image Target for mobile object

Juanneumann72
14-Alexandrite

Vuforia Image Target for mobile object

Hi, I am currently creating an application for which I track a mobile (moving) object with the help of Vuforia Image Target and, by deactivating the extended tracking function, have a (self-created) hologram overlay the object and move along with it. But I must never lose sight of the image target or the hologram will disappear again.

But now I am looking for a way to do this differently. Is it possible to track the object only once and then mirror the movement of the object without looking at the image target again?

Unity Version: 2019.4.22

Visual Studio 2019

Device: HoloLens 2

1 REPLY 1

one possible option I see is to fix  the object to the eye vector of the device - so means you could first scan you target - this will initialize the coordinate system of you object and when it succeeded then fix the model e.g. to the eye vector on a current distance at the movement (so possibly you can fix it when the  tracking starts or with explicitly command - e.g. voice or click on obj) So this may have the effect that the 3d augmentation will move with you device .  In the post : https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio-and-Chalk-Tech/How-can-we-make-a-3D-Widget-on-HoloLens-visible-in-front-of-me/ta-p/658541  you can see some techniques which explain how to move a 3d object depending on the eye vector on particular distance from the device position, but the movement described in the post is static - so there it will update the object  via explicit command and is not continuous  during the tracking but I think this could work als during the tracking  event callback 

$rootScope.$on('tracking', function( tracker,fargs  ) {/***your code here ***/});

Top Tags