cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Vuforia Studio scripting documentation needs an update

KasperLEGO
3-Visitor

Vuforia Studio scripting documentation needs an update

Hi,

I really want to highlight that the documentation for using Vuforia Studio with AngularJS needs a heavy update. The official documentation with tutorials can only take you to a basic level. Attached is also the beginning of a VuforiaAngularJS developer guide, but it still needs more work.

If Vuforia wishes to compete with Unity, then thorough API documentation must be available. I speak from experience that searching for various functions has taken a long time to find, as you almost only find the useful code at other community topics. 

e.g. when calling JS functions from the global Application event using HoloLens you must write: viewCtrl.YourFunction(); instead of the normal YourFunction(); --- I need a place where I find more information like that. 

I have seen other people asking the same question, and some of them date years ago... So do anyone knows if PTC takes Vuforia Studio seriously? Or is it easier/less time consuming just to switch to Unity now, instead of hoping for something that won't happen anyway?

Sorry for the slightly frustrating subject, but if this is to be used for enterprises, then I also have higher expectations then the current hobby-level documentation.

2 REPLIES 2

KasperLego  thank you for posting this!

My team is also struggling without having an API doc. 

I hope they will prioritize this but I won't hold my breath.

very well-said

Top Tags