cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Vuforia studio CAD optimisation

DaveRogers1
4-Participant

Vuforia studio CAD optimisation

Could anyone explain if there is a way to set it that when you tick CAD optimisation when importing CAD it will only do the high and medium optimisation and not the low. My models are large and they get stuck on the low optimisation, so I want to remove it.

can I edit a file in the vuforia directory for instance?

4 REPLIES 4

The file you want to edit is C:\Users\<username>\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\recipe\pvaroptimizer.pvr

At the bottom of this file is the entry for the number of fidelity options: adapter/numOfFidelityOpts=3 and then the definition of each.  So you could just change numOfFidelityOpts=2 and then it will leave out the last one which is the Low quality option.

Note that after a Studio update, you'll probably need to re-edit this file.

Thank you for replying, I have changed the text to read numOfFidelityOpts=1 and it still does high, medium and low (getting stuck on low).

i shutdown vuforia and restarted and still the same issue. Does it always use the c drive scripts or could it be going online for them?

You could try and delete the medium and low entries altogether from the file

Thank you again, all is working now, I restarted my machine and only does the high res now. This has sped up everything for me now, very useful when working with large cad assemblies

Top Tags