cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Wayfinder Widget Open Beta!

azupfer
12-Amethyst

Wayfinder Widget Open Beta!

As of Vuforia Studio 9.7.0, the Wayfinder widget is no longer in beta. It is now available for use in production environments. 

With the release of Studio 9.5.0, we are launching an open beta for our latest widget - the Wayfinder.

What is it?

The open beta allows Studio users to test our new Wayfinder widget in non-production experiences. The Wayfinder widget allows you to place waypoints that help lead users towards a specific part of a model or place in their environment. Use a Wayfinder when you want to call attention or lead a user to a location on a model or place in their environment.

Who can participate?

Any Studio user can participate after upgrading to Studio 9.5.0!

How can I enable it?

A few manual steps are required to enable the Wayfinder widget. Instructions on enabling this feature can be found in our Help Center.

Who to contact with feedback?

We want to hear from you! All feedback, questions, and comments about the Wayfinder widget are welcome and can be submitted in the comments below, which will be monitored by Vuforia Studio Product Management.

35 REPLIES 35

Hi guys, I'd really like to try the beta widget but the Help Center page to enable it seems to be missing.

Hi Roccobarocco,

The Help Center page for enabling the Wayfinder widget was removed now that the widget is available in the production release and these steps are no longer needed to use the Wayfinder. You should be able to find it directly under the Widgets bar under "Navigation" sub-section in the Vuforia Studio Editor when you have upgraded to 9.7.1+. 

Thankyou @AmberWright, I've realized it after posting, I was misleaded by the delayed release of 9.7.1.+
Now I've properly updated Studio and happily playing with the new Widget

AndreaT
12-Amethyst
(To:azupfer)

@azupfer  can we keep using this thread to discuss about the wayfinder or is it better to start other threads?

In the meantime I have a question, mainly related to the fact that we can add only 1 wayfinder to the active canvas.

The use case is this:

experience where the user can jump between waypoints.
Think of a tutorial-like experience.
Waypoint1 action1, waypoint2 action2,.... But not all points are connected subsequently. I might want to guide the user to somewhere else after a choice/condition and therefore I want to jump to that POI.
What I have thought:
-General toggle to enable the wayfinder (normally not enabled)
-Then another toggle: toggle on-> wayfinder enabled and selectedwaypointvalue=2
After that the widget must start again from the beginning and be disabled again.
But then how can I do to hide again the wayfinder and reset It? It doesn't seem to work if I set again the 'selectedwaypoint' to 0 and force the 'enabled' to false (along with forcing off the toggles).
I played also with the arrived event and such, but I couldn't get It to work the way I'd like.

Case2: for a different use, I want to skip a waypoint if a condition Is satisfied. How to do so? Like for example if the waypoint label Is equal to 'SkipMe' i want to skip that point and go to the next one.

Picture below for this second case..

AndreaT_0-1667379155148.png

Basically we're aiming to use wayfinders in a dynamic way because our machines require different approaches and there isn't always a predefined ordered sequence, therefore my will to understand how to play around with the start/end of the sequence and jumping between waypoints.

Thanks in advance

AndreaT
12-Amethyst
(To:AndreaT)

Double post because after some testing, I report a bug, if it's even a bug.

When we force enable=off of the wayfinder, if we then change a waypoint, like for example I force waypoint-3 while the normal navigation is still at waypoint-1 and "hiden", the wayfinder will appear and to hide it again it must be toggled enabled and then disabled again.

wayf.gif

@AndreaT thanks! not sure if this is not a problem of project implementation / code. so lets try - trial and error - the next version, needs a check if ok. feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

Top Tags