cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

how to export document based in 2Dwidgets values

Burubae
4-Participant

how to export document based in 2Dwidgets values

Hi PTC community, i new in Vuforia Studio and hope you can help me with these things.

I am creating an app somelike a motorcheking for a specific truck, and i have programed with javacode a checklist for a 2D report. How can i create a button that let me create and export a document based in those 2D widgets values?(checklist, text, etc) these documents may be in excel or PDF formats.

the other thing is about 3D animation, can i import in VS a model with animation attached? i must create 3D animations only  in CREO?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To the question 1.) -> how to export document based in 2Dwidgets values:

So far, I know there is no direct such functionality.

you have to do 2 things

1.) you have to collect all entities (javaScript) / values which are currently displayed on your screen / via widget properties or if repeater then may be directly if you get the info from the service (twx service)

2.) you can then write all info in a variable with the correct syntax  e.g. xml , so means you have to generate the correct file syntax or syntax which is usable for import in any application by yourself.

3.) sent it back to server e.g.  thingworx repository where you later forward to some printing queue.

I think how this step should looks different depending on the particular implementation and used applications where you want to import

Another possible way is from Vuforia view to try to create a hardcopy from the current screen as picture. So far I know for Android we can do this by javaScript service. 

In generally you can use some other APP on the device to create such hardcopy.

This are 2 way what I see, but maybe there are also other options.  Any additionally ideas which could be shared here,  will be highly appreciated  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Burubae ,

here are 2 question. First let consider the last one:

>>>the other thing is about 3D animation, can i import in VS a model with animation attached? i must create 3D animations only  in CREO?

I think a good infrmation could provide  this post "Is possible to Play an Animation (not a Sequence) in TWS from Creo Illustrate?"

Additionally if you are interested on some animations with javaScript you check this posts:

"Placeing animations on modelItems with javascript"

"Translating a model when clicked on it."

"Rotate model with button click along Z rotation Axis"

To the question 1.) -> how to export document based in 2Dwidgets values:

So far, I know there is no direct such functionality.

you have to do 2 things

1.) you have to collect all entities (javaScript) / values which are currently displayed on your screen / via widget properties or if repeater then may be directly if you get the info from the service (twx service)

2.) you can then write all info in a variable with the correct syntax  e.g. xml , so means you have to generate the correct file syntax or syntax which is usable for import in any application by yourself.

3.) sent it back to server e.g.  thingworx repository where you later forward to some printing queue.

I think how this step should looks different depending on the particular implementation and used applications where you want to import

Another possible way is from Vuforia view to try to create a hardcopy from the current screen as picture. So far I know for Android we can do this by javaScript service. 

In generally you can use some other APP on the device to create such hardcopy.

This are 2 way what I see, but maybe there are also other options.  Any additionally ideas which could be shared here,  will be highly appreciated  

Really i appreciate your help. That mean i must learn thinkworks. Which twx topic shoud i start for? 

thank you.

Thanks for your feedback!

Using thingworx / means a thingworx service/is only  one possible option. I think  we have h the  following post which handle the problem how to save json or other  generated syntax in a session variable  to a file into thingworx repository:

"saving a text input in vuforia" and the last part of the post "How to extract model data of 3d models in Vuforia Studio (without external Tools)"

But you can also  in generally save the data to any service so far the CORS restriction will allow it. e.g.  if you have a web server on the same domain where you load the experience or any domains which are allowed by the CORS restrictions of the browser or mobile environment. In this case you can use for sending a data back to server  a techniques described by "Sending and Receiving Binary Data"

Top Tags