cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

viewer users without composer visibility

GianVal
15-Moonstone

viewer users without composer visibility

Hello, 

I've noticed that if a user is not in composerusers group in thingworx it cannot access even to vuforia view.

my goal is to give some users only the possibility to login to vuforia view and view the AR experiences without giving them access to thingworx composer.

2 REPLIES 2
sebben
12-Amethyst
(To:GianVal)

Hi,

viewers probably need the same permissions as public users.

How to grant public access to Thingworx can be found here:

https://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/es_install/en/#page/ES_Install_Help_Center%2FGrantUserPermissions.html%23

I guess you can do the same with a viewer group and they should not have access to Thingworx composer but to the experiences.

Jimwang
14-Alexandrite
(To:GianVal)

Typically it is not required to authenticate the user when opening Vuforia View.

When viewing an experience, they are two "Access Control" for the experience. One is "Public", and another is "Authentication".

• For "Public" experience, it is not required to login.
  • For "Authentication" experience, it is required to login. It depends on how the experience uses the entities in Thingworx.

For detailed information, check the Access Control in Help Center and it is not necessary to have the user belong to ComposerUser Group.

Top Tags