Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Accidental Revisions or Stagnant Revisions

Highlighted

Find Accidental Revisions or Stagnant Revisions

Has anyone found a good way to find accidental revisions in Windchill or revisions that never made it back to a released state? It happens somewhat frequently that some objects accidentally get revised by someone and they didn't even know they did it. Or maybe a change was in progress and then the change was abandoned and the CAD was left. I've tried using advanced searches for this but I can't get the search to work - see screenshot below. Or is there a SQL query that would do the trick?

Windchill - Search for Accidental Revisions.png

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Find Accidental Revisions or Stagnant Revisions

Omg happens all the time here. Hope you find a solution for both of us

You could use Query Builder to make a query for this.

Your main object would be the CAD Document type (or whatever it is you want to search for)

There's a constraint you can add to get latest iterations.

To get latest revisions, you have to add a constraint that uses a Sub-Select. This should be helpful for that: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS1171&language=en&posno=1&q=query%20latest&source=search

From there, you would add your additional constraints to exclude revisions = 1 and so on

I opened a case with PTC and it looks like this problem has been reported before. CS58285 and CS157314 look like their directly related to why the Advanced Search query isn't working. There's a popular Windchill Idea to fix this: Enable Windchill search to support ‘pure’ latest iteration search when additional criteria is applie.... The idea was first reported in 2012 and acknowledged in 2018. Let's hope for a fix soon - keep voting for it! Here's a related article in the Windchill Help Documentation - Non-Latest Iterations Using Multiple Criteria.

@jmorton-2  The report manager does not work the same way starting in 11.0.  The QML file in that article won't even import.  I have been trying to figure out how to get it working in 11 but I have had no luck so far.

If you are referring to the QML in CS1171, it loaded into my 11.0 system.

There is a difference between import and upload.  These picks should work for QML files.

Site > Utilities > Report Manager > Upload Report Template from QML

Yep.  You are correct.  Didn't even think about that.  It did upload to my system.  Thank you.