cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How can I find the Workspace

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

How can I find the Workspace

I have done this before, but I can't remember what I did.

One of our draftsman has a drawing checked out. He wants to get it Released, but they can't because he hasn't checked it back in. Trouble is he can't find which Workspace it's in. I watched him search for it, and he only has about 5 workspaces available to him. None of them have the drawing in it. When I search for it, I can see that it's definitely checked out to him.

How can I find what Workspace it's in? I have Orgadmin privileges. Like I say, I have done this before, but only once, about a year ago. We have 10.2.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Grahame,

1. Browse to the Information Page of the document

Screenshot

1. Select the Comonspace Information page button

Screenshot

1. Select the Go to Working Copy link

Screenshot

1. The Working Copy information page will list the Workspace where the document is checked out to

Screenshot

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:hthakre)

I'm not getting that (Go to Original Version) line. See below:

gward- 2017-04-11 08-11-11.jpg

As you can see, it's checked out to someone. If it's checked out, it must be in a Workspace, correct?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:GrahameWard)

What Harshal shows is only valid for work checked out by yourself.

For work checked out by others, what Graham shows is all you get.

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Hmm. funny thing is, the guy who had the object checked out sent me a screen shot originally, and it didn't have the "Go to Working Copy" thing shown either.

Never mind, it was easier to undo the Checkout and for him to Check it out and do the work again. It shouldn't be that way of course.

jnelson
13-Aquamarine
(To:GrahameWard)

Stupid question probably, but, can the user just do an Undo Check Out? Maybe work would be lost (?) but you would get the file "unlocked" in Commonspace.

Hello Grahame

There is Another option , Ask designer to checkout the same again . Then checkout will fail with an error . You can see that error in the event manager which says this object is already checked out to the workspace xxxxx

Regards

Gagan D

Top Tags