cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Manufacturing Product Structure Explorer

JHall
16-Pearl

Manufacturing Product Structure Explorer

I'm having a problem with Manufacturing Product Structure Explorer. 
Windchill 11 M030 (on the Cloud), Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11,  WGM 11 M030, Inventor 2017 Pro. fresh install of Java 1.8.0 161 ( Firefox and Chrome do not support Java per IT)

So the situation is, when I attempt to "Open in Manufacturing Product Structure Explorer" the system wants to install a Java applet (or so it appears).  I've installed updated Java, make sure the permissions are there, and allow the cloud server permission as best I can figure out.  It still will not open. I've looked for blocked popups and can't seem to find any. I've specifically allowed popups from every site that seems to be involved with this issue.
Any ideas?  Thx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JHall
16-Pearl
(To:JHall)

One of our other offices had this error also, and they needed to purge the cache of their JAVA installation.

I found the answer by vostapenko in this thread: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Questions/Java-Error/m-p/386884/highlight/true#M45303

First, befor installing new Java, You must clean cache of java app.

Start -> JAVA-> Java Control Panel -> General- >Setings -> Delete Files ...-> All check box -> Ok

cache.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JHall
16-Pearl

Ok, here is the solution.  Install Java, then go into Security in the Java app's Control panel.  Added our cloud site to the exceptions list THEN be certain to shift Security Level from Very High to High.  Now it works!  

Java.png

JHall
16-Pearl

One of our other offices had this error also, and they needed to purge the cache of their JAVA installation.

I found the answer by vostapenko in this thread: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Questions/Java-Error/m-p/386884/highlight/true#M45303

First, befor installing new Java, You must clean cache of java app.

Start -> JAVA-> Java Control Panel -> General- >Setings -> Delete Files ...-> All check box -> Ok

cache.png

Top Tags