cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Modified History

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Modified History

Hi Everyone,

I recently faced one issue, how we can find who have been move the one file into a different context or domain?

For Example, I maintain the standard format like .frm, and .prt(template) in the library, and someone moves into the product to use in some model. How we can find history who is done that? Please share the doc or video to understand the way to find out.

Regard

Amir

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Amirtharaj_K)

Hello Amir,

I don't think SQL is the best way to solve this request , we have more elegant ways to achieve this like query builder ,

you may import the attached qml to your system ans run the report :

Fadel_0-1687855183386.png

Attached a video how to import and run it  

BR,

Fadel

Fede

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Hi,

• If an object has been moved from one folder to another, Move History table (LOCATIONCHANGERECORD) provides information such as the original location of the object, the user who moved the object, and the date on which the move occurred.

Fadel_0-1687850107315.png

• The Original Location column in Move history table shows the previous location of the object
  • User column shows the user name who has moved the object
  • Modified and Version column shows the information about the date and time when object is moved and the version of the object

BR,

Fadel

Fede
Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone
(To:Fadel)

Thanks for the replay Mr.Fadel,

Can you provide the step on how we can find in SQL database for this?

Thanks & Regards,

Amir

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Hello Amir,

I don't think SQL is the best way to solve this request , we have more elegant ways to achieve this like query builder ,

you may import the attached qml to your system ans run the report :

Fadel_0-1687855183386.png

Attached a video how to import and run it  

BR,

Fadel

Fede
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Hello Fadel,

it is possible for you to link this discussion to article How to get a details of Move History table from database for WTPart?

Thanks

Marco
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Hello Marco,

I can only link an enhancement community post to an article.

Now the post has the article link and windchillers may refer to the article for documentation

BR,

Fadel

Fede
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Fadel 

Can you just add a link to the article (resolution) that points to this discussion? 

PetrH

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:HelesicPetr)

@HelesicPetr  let me check internally with the EU Knowledge Manager and let you know .

Fede
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

@HelesicPetr  & @Marco_Tosin  done , the article has now a link to this thread .

Fede
Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

thank you for the video & qml file, Mr. Fadel it's really helped me to how we can use report management & as well as how we find the history of Data.

If you only need to find the move history on a few objects, it is available on the Timeline History under the History tab directly in Windchill.

BenLoosli_0-1687873961188.png

thank you for this solution.

Announcements

Top Tags