cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Performance issue with PA - Cannot set Location

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Performance issue with PA - Cannot set Location

PDMLink 12.0.1.2

Using Creo 4 M140

I turned the Windchill Performance Advisor on 2 days ago.  Since then I have received several reports saying a user cannot set the location of their CAD files when trying to check in.  They get the spinning circle.

STEVEG_1-1634905060107.png

I even tried it as org admin and get the same thing.

That isn't the only thing affected.  I get the same thing when going to the Event Management.

STEVEG_2-1634905283809.png

When opening the Event Management through Creo is when it happens which used IE as its internal browser by default.  Opening a separate IE browser and going into the EM does not produce the issue.

I changed Creo to use the Chromium browser and there is no more issue.

However, we had to switch the internal browser in this version of Windchill about a month ago because Creo wasn't working and it caused other problems.  That original problem cleared up so we switched back to IE.  Chromium for the internal browser is a no-go for us.

Does a newer version of Creo use a different internal browser by default?

If not then why not?  IE is no longer supported by Windchill so why would the internal Creo browser be IE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

If I use windows_browser_type chromium_browser in the config file then it works.  The problem is we have other issues that pop up when we do.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I just read that this will be turned on by default in 12.0.2.0 with no option to opt-out.

Has anyone else even turned PA on in 12.0.1?

Hi Steve,

I think the PA section is having some issues because, at least for me, it's not possible to subscribe to this forum so I haven't gotten any new emails in months.

That said, we're still using version 11.1 M020 so I can't help you there.

Marco_Tosin_0-1640183018765.png

Marco

Looks like you are correct.  There is no "Subscribe" like in the other sections.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

We have upgraded to 13.0.2.3 and we are still able to turn PA off.  When I turned it on we had those problems of not being able to set location again.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Sorry.  I meant 12.0.2.3.

I can confirm that you can disable in 12.0.2.4

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

What is even stranger is I have this problem on our production server but not on our test or dev servers.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

If I use windows_browser_type chromium_browser in the config file then it works.  The problem is we have other issues that pop up when we do.

Top Tags