cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Performance issue with PA - Cannot set Location

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Performance issue with PA - Cannot set Location

PDMLink 12.0.1.2

Using Creo 4 M140

I turned the Windchill Performance Advisor on 2 days ago.  Since then I have received several reports saying a user cannot set the location of their CAD files when trying to check in.  They get the spinning circle.

STEVEG_1-1634905060107.png

I even tried it as org admin and get the same thing.

That isn't the only thing affected.  I get the same thing when going to the Event Management.

STEVEG_2-1634905283809.png

When opening the Event Management through Creo is when it happens which used IE as its internal browser by default.  Opening a separate IE browser and going into the EM does not produce the issue.

I changed Creo to use the Chromium browser and there is no more issue.

However, we had to switch the internal browser in this version of Windchill about a month ago because Creo wasn't working and it caused other problems.  That original problem cleared up so we switched back to IE.  Chromium for the internal browser is a no-go for us.

Does a newer version of Creo use a different internal browser by default?

If not then why not?  IE is no longer supported by Windchill so why would the internal Creo browser be IE?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

If I use windows_browser_type chromium_browser in the config file then it works.  The problem is we have other issues that pop up when we do.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I just read that this will be turned on by default in 12.0.2.0 with no option to opt-out.

Has anyone else even turned PA on in 12.0.1?

Hi Steve,

I think the PA section is having some issues because, at least for me, it's not possible to subscribe to this forum so I haven't gotten any new emails in months.

That said, we're still using version 11.1 M020 so I can't help you there.

Marco_Tosin_0-1640183018765.png

Marco

Looks like you are correct.  There is no "Subscribe" like in the other sections.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

We have upgraded to 13.0.2.3 and we are still able to turn PA off.  When I turned it on we had those problems of not being able to set location again.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Sorry.  I meant 12.0.2.3.

I can confirm that you can disable in 12.0.2.4

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

What is even stranger is I have this problem on our production server but not on our test or dev servers.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

If I use windows_browser_type chromium_browser in the config file then it works.  The problem is we have other issues that pop up when we do.

Announcements

Top Tags