cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

State based versioning scheme doesn't apply when manual set state done from approved to released

RB_10356553
6-Contributor

State based versioning scheme doesn't apply when manual set state done from approved to released

I have created a custom Versioning Scheme which should work with State Change from Approved -> Released ( i.e A.1 (Approved) will change to 1.1 (Released) State change either manually or when triggered in custom Workflow)

Has anyone encountered such issues, as this custom versioning is working for Object Revise action but not for Set State action / in Workflow State Change

Your support is appreciated. Thank you.

Lifecycle Transition:

RB_10356553_0-1683107730520.png 

RB_10356553_1-1683107815176.png

where highlighted series is my Custom versioning Series name

RB_10356553_2-1683107878280.png

RB_10356553_3-1683107910559.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can create a workflow to trigger when the object reaches the Released state. Put the necessary additional steps in that workflow. That way, whether the objects is promoted or you use a set state, the secondary workflow will be triggered and the same steps will be performed for either case.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RB_10356553)

Which software are you using?

RB_10356553
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

Windchill 12.0

Hello @RB_10356553 

The versioning schema is change only during Revise action.

Set state do not change it also Promotion do not change it.

You can set autorevision during Promotions request that the object is autorevised and then the versioning schema is changed.

PetrH

Thanks HelesicPetr.

You can create a workflow to trigger when the object reaches the Released state. Put the necessary additional steps in that workflow. That way, whether the objects is promoted or you use a set state, the secondary workflow will be triggered and the same steps will be performed for either case.

Hi Helesic,

If we use Automatic Revision Mode it will automatically revised and version is changed. from inwork to released (SOP)

but in lifecycle we marked Revise for inwork(sop inwork), so at that time state is also changed to inwork (sop inwork) not to released

(SOP)

kindly share your idea.

image (1).png

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Boopathy)

Hi @Boopathy 

This is a way how it works. 

Auto Revision is activated in the target promotion state, and how the revision is set then the new revision is in the target revise state.

So if you need that the autorevision finish in the SOP state, then you need some midle state where the promotion promote the objects and autorevision is activated and the result new revision will finish in the SOP state. 

PetrH

Hi Helesic,

if we add new middle state. then the new state will displayed in information page right ??

for example (SOP Release).

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Yes. 

If you need a argument that this is the easiest way how to achieve that final Released object will be with new revision label and it stays in the real released state and the most important point is that you can revise from released state to inwork. 

I have experience where the autorevision was used from Released state to Released state. On the first view it worked, but change process needed Set State from Released state to in-work because you can define just one revise transition from one state. Thanks that I have always argument why to use the "midle" state for autorevision.

PS> with code customization you can achieve whatever you can imagine 😄 but it takes time 

PetrH

Hi Helesic,

thanks for your quick assistance.

so we need to add new state and it'll display in information page.

this is what you are trying to say right. kindly confirm please.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Yes 

a simple schema for better imagination 

HelesicPetr_0-1693898567003.png

PetrH

Hi Helesic,

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Top Tags