cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Assembly cuts

SM_9575840
4-Participant

Assembly cuts

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 5.0 (connected) 5.0 5.0.6.0

I am not able to create the needed geometry. It seems that with the assembly feature creation selections, you are only able to remove material.
I need to have a radii at the bottom side of an extruded cut, thus, I can not create the needed geometry. Myself & others have had similar issues on other projects as well.

Here are the errors that I faced
none
3 REPLIES 3

@SM_9575840 wrote:
I am using Creo Parametric - Release 5.0 (connected) 5.0 5.0.6.0

I am not able to create the needed geometry. It seems that with the assembly feature creation selections, you are only able to remove material.
I need to have a radii at the bottom side of an extruded cut, thus, I can not create the needed geometry. Myself & others have had similar issues on other projects as well.

Here are the errors that I faced
none

Hi,

solid assembly features can remove material, only. That's all.

Martin Hanák
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:SM_9575840)

If you need to add material you should look into using inheritance models.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SM_9575840)

That is intended functionality and the software is working as deigned. This has been a common complaint for many years.

If this feature is a round shape, you can do it in one step by using a revolve with the radius at the bottom.

If it is a rectangular shape of an odd shape, use an inheritance feature, as Chris suggested.

Top Tags