cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Change Simplified Rep for Already Drawn Views

aderosa
1-Newbie

Change Simplified Rep for Already Drawn Views

Hi guys.

I have a quick question about simplified reps in drawings. I know you can change the simplified representation for new views in the drawing models sidebar, but I need to know if there is a way to change the representation for already created views. I have a part that was drawn as the master rep, but for a long list of reasons, that iteration of the part is now a simplified representation. Is there a way to keep the drawing the same? In other words, can I change all those views from the master rep, to a simplified rep without deleting and redrawing them all?

Best Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:aderosa)

I know your situation well, and I even posted a product idea about it.

I discovered there were others before me that did the same thing.

Now I think these product ideas will be tagged as "current functionality", because it is implemented in Creo 4.0

yep -

Redefine a master rep general view and convert it in a simplified rep view for a PART drawing

And for us still in Creo 2 or 3, we're out of luck...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
psobejko
12-Amethyst

I know your situation well, and I even posted a product idea about it.

I discovered there were others before me that did the same thing.

Now I think these product ideas will be tagged as "current functionality", because it is implemented in Creo 4.0

yep -

Redefine a master rep general view and convert it in a simplified rep view for a PART drawing

And for us still in Creo 2 or 3, we're out of luck...

Your suggestion is better than starting over; I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the idea!

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Unfortunately, Unless you are on Creo 4 you can not change the rep in a drawing view for a PART.

My course of action on something like this would be to create a new view with the correct rep and use "MOVE TO VIEW" on the drawing items, dimensions, etc.

Not necessarily quick and easy but better than just starting over.

Ahh I see. Well that's unfortunate for me, but it's nice to know they implemented it more recent products.

mender
6-Contributor

Depending on what the simpl rep actually does, you might be able to make a family table instance that does the same thing, and replace with that.  But maybe updating to Creo 4 or redoing it is easier.

Top Tags